Our friends at Four Wheeler magazine have selected the 2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor as their choice for Pickup Truck of the Year. The 411 horsepower, 6.2-liter V-8 Raptor beat two diesel-powered HD pickups for the top spot: The 2011 Ford Super Duty 6.7-li[......]
DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 3 – Ford Motor Company will continue its aggressive technology onslaught by completing the roll-out of its innovative Rear View Camera System that will be available on nearly all Ford and Lincoln models by the end of 2011.
“Ford is making new innovations such as the Re[......]
The 2010 “Fab School” Ford SVT Raptor Super Cab is the vehicle of choice for professional off-road racer Darren Skilton and journalist Sue Mead as they prep for the arduous 2011 Dakar Rally in January 2011.
Skilton, a seasoned Dakar Rally pro, at firs[......]
- Ford, Lincoln and Mercury November sales totaled 147,338, up 24 percent versus year ago
- Ford’s year-to-date sales totaled 1.74 million, up 21 percent; Ford’s sales growth doubled the industry average
- Ford’s balanced portfolio of high-quality, fuel-efficient cars, utilities and trucks drove[......]
Our bureaucratic lift-law odyssey began in the Oct. ’10 issue with the Northeast, where in general they have some of the most restrictive lift laws for street[......]
- 2011 Ford Taurus, Super Duty and Mustang GT have earned Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com Best Resale Value Awards in the full-size car, full-size pickup and high-performance car categories, respectively
- Editors of kbb.com praised Taurus’ combination of style, efficiency and value; Super Duty impres[......]
By Mike Levine @ Pickuptrucks.com
Artist rendering by Mark Stehrenberger Design
In order to meet tough new federal regulations that raise fuel economy requirements to 30 mpg for light trucks and SUVs by 2016, Ford is considering radical ways to reduce weight in the next-generation F-150, s[......]
FORD SUPER DUTY DOES HEAVY LIFTING: GRABS 50 PERCENT OF HEAVY-DUTY MARKET, ACCOUNTS FOR SEGMENT GROWTH
- Ford Super Duty grabs 50 percent of heavy-duty truck market, its highest since 2001
- Super Duty accounts for 80 percent of this year’s growth in the heavy-duty segment
- Two all-new engines, including award-winning 6.7-liter Power Stroke® diesel, help lead the way
AFTER MONTHS OF HARD WORK, 2011 FORD F-150 ECOBOOST READY TO PLAY IN THE SAND AT TECATE SCORE BAJA 1000
- 2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost “hero engine” has been installed in a race truck to take on the Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 desert endurance race this month
- Same engine first endured the equivalent of 150,000 harsh user miles on the dynamometer, then was installed into a new 2011 For[......]
New Release for the 2011 Ford F250/F350/F450 Powerstroke 6.7L diesels from Banks.
Enclosed housing keeps out hot, power-robbing engine air; inhales cooler, denser outside air. Improves flow up to 26% for greater power and MPG; helps engine run cooler and cleaner. The giant lifetime filter flo[......]