PDA

View Full Version : So for the next project, steering!!!

carlspeed
May 27th, 2014, 08:57 AM
I've got a bunch of play in the steering. I did about a quarter turn on the steering box, which did help. Didn't really eliminate the slop, but made the steering less "loose", and gave a much better feel. Now I'm trying to determine what's wrong, and I'm thinking it's the pittman arm bushing that connects to the tie rod attached to the drag link. I'm not sure what all the linkages are called yet on this, so if there is any confusion, I'd be happy to post a picture. Going to do that tomorrow hopefully, with a nice oil change, and fuel filter. Anyone used the driveworks stuff from Advance? Is there a better quality part I can get locally?

Pretty sure this is the part from Advanced...
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/driveworks-steering-tie-rod-end-dw-es3427t/15510810-P?searchTerm=drag+link

skatebowd
May 27th, 2014, 09:50 PM
I always use Moog Inc. is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of precision motion control products and systems

carlspeed
May 28th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Local places that carry Moog?

glc
May 28th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Most parts stores carry Moog, or you can order them from Rockauto.com.

JSoko
May 28th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Local places that carry Moog?

well HELL we don't even know where your at/from

add it/that to your location info
you may be down in lower Alabama and I'll tell you that's a hell of a place to be; nothing but salt water & mosquitoes
or worst yet you could be in Northwest Georgia
no city electricity or water

carlspeed
May 28th, 2014, 10:15 PM
I just checked and rock auto is literally half the price of most near by stores. I have a could things to sell, and then I plan on just re building the entire front end.

carlspeed
May 28th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Jsoko, my mistake. I was pretty sure I had a signature here, as well as the rest of my profile filed out. It would appear I am wrong on both accounts. I'm in central Florida.

JSoko
May 28th, 2014, 10:24 PM
I see
forgot your a friend of Aarons
he be the axle/suspension man