PDA

View Full Version : Turbo swap

TwoSpeed
February 26th, 2015, 01:15 PM
So my turbo is leaking and I think the bearings are going. A friend has a 88mm stage 2 that he is willing to sell to me. I have been doing some reading and most moderate upgrades are lower like in the 60's range. So is it too much for my truck and if I do put it on should I upgrade to bigger injectors and swap the exhaust so it can breath? I have seen a few articles about upgrading all three and then placing a couple different tunes in it for whatever I want to accomplish at the time.

Also anyone have good recommendations for fairly priced upgrade kits such as the head gaskets and all associated in the swap and head studs?

Russo2
February 27th, 2015, 02:05 AM
What are you working on? 7.3 6.0 6.4 6.7?
Regardless 88mm is way too large to run as a primary. Maybe with a ~60m underneath, but even still. Most of my diesel friends that run anything aftermarket are either in the 66mm range on mild upgrades or a full build and somewhere around a 74mm and there is tons of lag, but when it's lit there's 1000+ pony powers on tap.

TwoSpeed
February 28th, 2015, 12:48 PM
I am working with a 2004 f350 6.0l. Looking to replace my turbo that's on there with the option to leave stock injectors for now until I have the money to do those. Or should I do it all at once and just save up?