PDA

View Full Version : 06 F250 diesel

martinleeo
March 17th, 2015, 08:45 PM
Not sure if I'm in the right place for my question. I have an 06 F250 diesel and I've noticed a high pitch squeal when I let off of the gas. As soon as I give it the slightest amount of gas the squeal goes away. This is when I am traveling at around 15mph and up and let off of the gas. It sounds kind of like the tattle tale on your brakes. Took it to a local mechanic and was told they thought it was coming from the turbo, but didn't have an experienced mechanic for diesel motors to confirm that. Any help is appreciated, thanks and God bless

JSoko
March 17th, 2015, 08:56 PM
turbo was my first thought, after I read the second sentence

your in the F150 section
but who cares

martinleeo
March 17th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Ya, sorry about that. I just noticed I posted it in the F150 section. I'm a rookie, getting it figured out though. thanks

ASwaff400
March 18th, 2015, 06:36 AM
im also gonna say your turbo, do you know when the last time it was pulled and cleaned? vanes could be sticking...

JSoko
March 18th, 2015, 03:47 PM
just talked with a friend that has a '06 F450 with the 6.0
only has 17,000 miles on it
he had his turbo replaced last week
reason was due to not being used very much the vains rusted up and would not open & close, but would still spin
I use that Truck sometimes and about a year ago I noticed the Turbo would not work leaving a red light or trying to pass

it would seem to bog down or act like it was running on 6 cylinders
never heard any noise though