PDA

View Full Version : Flame Throwin' 350

RedHot150
November 16th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Check this out!<br>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JQMs5qfxDdU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

2004FX4F150
November 16th, 2009, 10:16 AM
awesome link Matt!

nine5flareside
November 16th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I wonder if his local DMV would appreciate that during an emissions test?

RedHot150
November 16th, 2009, 10:35 AM
it's a diesel....doesn't get an emmissions test...at least that's how it is here in PA....but that would make for a nice surprise! haha

JSoko
November 17th, 2009, 09:32 AM
thats what I need for my Tractor
http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=95

seen Jessie James make something like that on Monster Garage
propane and a spark plug
but that was before he started Porking my sweetheart Sandra

RedHot150
November 17th, 2009, 09:35 AM
the poster of that video makes the kit....or at least he was talking about making it...maybe he could rig one up for your tractor! that'd be sweet to see a flame throwin Deere

DIXIE FIX
November 23rd, 2009, 08:04 PM
on a gas motor all you need is a spark plug with a wire running to a button inside the cab and a power source. The spark will burn the un used fuel

Old Blue
November 23rd, 2009, 10:35 PM
A properly tuned engine should have no excess fuel in the exhaust. You'll need a controller to excite a coil tied to your spark plug.

JSoko
November 23rd, 2009, 10:47 PM
so true, but you still need an accelerator
in the day of carburators, you could floor it, cut the igniation and turn it back on, and send out a loud boom and risk a split muffler
but no flame

Old Blue
November 23rd, 2009, 11:00 PM
In the day of carbs?? hell most of the vehicles i value have carbs. My parents old grain truck has a little to much carbon build up in the 429 and it likes to run on after the ignition is shut off when its hot, and once an awhile it will let on heck of a bang go, drops unsuspecting people to the ground:purple_blaster:

DIXIE FIX
November 24th, 2009, 02:15 PM
In the day of carbs?? hell most of the vehicles i value have carbs. My parents old grain truck has a little to much carbon build up in the 429 and it likes to run on after the ignition is shut off when its hot, and once an awhile it will let on heck of a bang go, drops unsuspecting people to the ground:purple_blaster:

blahha

The-LI-Redneck
December 15th, 2009, 11:24 PM
so true, but you still need an accelerator
in the day of carburators, you could floor it, cut the igniation and turn it back on, and send out a loud boom and risk a split muffler
but no flame

thats not true i got a buddy with a jeep that can cut it and and turn it on and he gets a boom with a flame shootin out and hes injected. i get a boom with a flash of light out the tail pipe

JSoko
December 16th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I did this on company Trucks not my own
be careful doing this on your truck
because you are creating an explosion in the exhaust system
and if the escaping gasses cant get out the back fast enough, its gona cause trouble some where