PDA

View Full Version : Elictrical problem 99 f350 7.3 diesel

Lugen
December 2nd, 2011, 05:55 PM
Power door locks work the first and sometimes the second time I press the lock or unlock button. After that it seems that the relay progressively gets weaker. If I wait and try 5 minutes later they will work but only on the first two tries. I have the same problem with my electronic shift on the fly. It will work the first time but it will not work again for awhile. I have cleaned up all battery terminals and all grounds in the engine compartment that I can see. At least 6 or 7 of them. I have my dashboard apart and I can hear the relay behind stereo but it seems to weaken every time I press the door unlock button until it eventually does nothing except make a quiet click. I am pulling my hair out with this one. Please help me anyone.

JSoko
December 2nd, 2011, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry that I can not help as I have had the same experience in other Trucks
to no avail it seemed to cure itself
maybe some one can shed light on this problem; but that person lives in Canada and has been swallowed by the Anciant Cave Bear off the coast of Britsh Columbia

Klitch
December 3rd, 2011, 04:21 AM
Every time I have a switch giving me an issue, I pull the problem switch and dismantle it down to the contactors and clean them up. I've done this to my window switches, door locks, seat controls, 4x4 switch, and the 4 way mirror switch. On my 93 probe I had to throw some solder on the contactors for the seat controls.

Just pay attention to how things come apart! Toothpicks are your friend too.

Also, on the 97 F150, the door locks seem weak now but I did notice if I used a silicone spray on the lock indicator that protrudes through the door panel it helps vastly.

Lugen
December 3rd, 2011, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the input. I will not rule out your switch idea. However this problem occurs if I use the drivers switch, passenger switch, and the key fob. I truly believe the door problem and transfer case problem are linked. And I fear it is deep in the dash.

whitesleeper
December 4th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Hay Lugen
Klitch hit the nail on the head :thumbsup:

Also check the lock motor in the doors guuuu will build up around the rod that comes out of the lock motor .... one will hold back the others ....
HOPE THIS AS OTHERS ADVICE WILL HELP :thumbsup: