Ford Truck Club Forum

Ford Truck Club Forum (http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/index.php)
-   Garage Talk: Wheels & Tires (http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Need a new wheel and an alignment (http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7529)

DoubleDee September 17th, 2012 07:29 PM

Need a new wheel and an alignment

Because of my stupidity:
And when driving down the road, I have to hold the steering wheel thusly:
If I let the steering wheel go, the steering system will attempt to center itself and cause the truck to drift right.

I put the spare on for now (right front), but I know I need to get an alignment at the least. I'm not sure how much damage I did when I hit the curb. Plus, I'll have to look for a wheel to replace the damaged one. The wheel did contact something on the inside of the rim, but I have no idea what. I'll have to get a picture of it. Plus do some visual referencing as to where the outside rim damage is to where the inside scratch is and see what it could have contacted. I used the factory jack to raise the truck, and it worked pretty good. Had the wheel swapped in under 10 minutes.

And, I didn't know this, but my truck has the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) and the light is on... You can see it in the above pic.

The manual says that it will be on as long as the spare tire is in use. Huh... learned something new.

catmechanic07 September 17th, 2012 07:36 PM

Just a FYI... most dealerships have the ability to fix wheels like this. I have no idea on cost but I know its cheaper than a new wheel. Call around or do some searching online for something near you. Sucks that happened.....

JSoko September 18th, 2012 12:28 PM

must of been a tall curb

DoubleDee September 18th, 2012 11:49 PM

I think it was. Did get a lead on a new wheel for $49. I'll be calling in the morning to see if they have it.

JSoko September 19th, 2012 09:07 PM

not bad, is that a chrome skin ?

skatebowd September 19th, 2012 10:57 PM

at least the tire is still good

DoubleDee September 20th, 2012 07:42 AM

Yeah, it's a chrome skin. I'll be calling the place this morning since I'm up early for a change to see if they have it in. I'll be running up to Ft. Hood to get some things done today as well.

DoubleDee September 20th, 2012 09:36 AM

No dice at the place. Guy said he'll keep my number so if they do get one in, he'll give me a call. Says they do trade in's all the time. Had a bunch of 16's, but no 17's. :frownz:

JSoko September 20th, 2012 12:58 PM

hopefully your not riding around without a spare

DoubleDee September 20th, 2012 04:14 PM

I have a spare pickup I use. I keep it around for times like this. Saw another tire/wheel place, will find on internet, and call 'em up to see if they have what I need.