Ford Truck Club Forum

Ford Truck Club Forum (http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/index.php)
-   Garage Talk: Engine & Drivetrain (http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Custom Stainless Cat Back Dual Exhaust (http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3102)

RedHot150 April 23rd, 2010 09:32 PM

Custom Stainless Cat Back Dual Exhaust

Well...as I mentioned in the UPT, my Flowmaster exhaust system was starting to have issues. The pipe where the hangers were welded was failing and caused sizeable holes in the pipes. Figured I'd get it replaced before it went to hell completely.

Went to E&E Welding and Exhaust located in Mercer, PA (just over an hour from me). member Silverbullet turned me onto them. Real reasonable cost for a fully custom welded stainless system. Ran me $450 installed (used my credit card...otherwise the cash price was $420). Plus they let you hang around while they're doing the work and you get the chance to bullshit with them and see the great job they do.

I took pics with my phone while at the shop and then with my camera when I got back home. The muffler and tips are polished stainless. The rest is stainless which they then sprayed what is essentially engine paint. Definitely loving the sound and the look of the larger tips.

Here are the pics:

nine5flareside April 23rd, 2010 09:40 PM

Intersting, what kind of mufflers did they use? Also what type of tips?

RedHot150 April 23rd, 2010 09:49 PM

Interesting? okay....lol

If I remember correctly, it's a Jackson Racing Muffler....something along those lines. Similar to a flowmaster 40 series (which is what I had). This muffler seems to be slightly louder and have a more throaty sound to it....definitely happy with how it turned out.

The tips....4in stainless....don't know of a brand

nine5flareside April 23rd, 2010 10:54 PM

Sounds good to me as long as youre happy with it. Hell of a price! Did they keep your old stuff?

pete59edsel April 23rd, 2010 11:33 PM

:holysheep: 450.00......Why dual? Just wondering, I went straight pipe and single, was told dual does not give you much more, I have great sound and cost was cheap, to cheap to mention..:thankyou:

Klitch April 24th, 2010 12:52 AM

While I love stainless, polished is excessive :D

RedHot150 April 24th, 2010 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete59edsel (Post 30676)
:holysheep: 450.00......Why dual? Just wondering, I went straight pipe and single, was told dual does not give you much more, I have great sound and cost was cheap, to cheap to mention..:thankyou:

dual for appearance purposes....just as before when i went with duals

herbz April 24th, 2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHot150 (Post 30680)
dual for appearance purposes....just as before when i went with duals

Exactly why I went dual. Looks really good man. Exactly what I paid for my setup but mines not stainless.
________
Dodge colt

JSoko April 24th, 2010 08:07 AM

how bout a close-up pic of the weld on the inlet of the muffler
I think I see something I don't like
also show me another weld, OK

2004FX4F150 April 24th, 2010 09:10 AM

Looks great Matt, hopefully this one holds up a lot better. now time for tires!