Ford Truck Club Forum

Ford Truck Club Forum (http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/index.php)
-   Garage Talk: Shop Class 101 (http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   Rubber Vacuum System Replacement (5.0\5.8 EFI) (http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6050)

BoxerTwin April 19th, 2013 01:12 AM

This is the greatest post I have seen. The plastic lines I gave the finger to were not all in one piece. They had all crumbled as I was taking them out.

Great post, thanks.

Booba5185 April 19th, 2013 01:18 AM

Anytime, if you need help with anything else on these trucks, start a thread and we will help!

JSoko April 19th, 2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoxerTwin (Post 77908)
This is the greatest post I have seen. The plastic lines I gave the finger to were not all in one piece. They had all crumbled as I was taking them out.

Great post, thanks.

that is a Great compliment for the Site and the Thread Author

The Frankster April 20th, 2013 12:56 PM

I read that post over a year ago when I found out some of Booba's items in signature high lighted. Mine needs that too. Wish you could buy colored vacuum line. Just keeping it factory like ya know. I want to do the Saginaw swap also. Great story on your truck from a post in late 2011 also Booba.

jpachla June 11th, 2013 09:15 AM

This is a great thread, except i'm not sure it applies to my 1990 e350 351w.

The vacuum source line on my evr is white. And it appears to have no vacuum.

Booba5185 June 11th, 2013 10:50 AM

Where does the other side of the white line go?

jpachla June 11th, 2013 10:54 AM

goes up and over to the canister under the passengers door,, but it turns to steel line just below the egr. And i have found that the lines disappear between the frame and body making it very difficult to see where they go.

Should the vacuum supply to evr always have vacuum?

Booba5185 June 11th, 2013 11:30 AM

Yep, and so should the TAD\TAB solenoids. They all lead to the same place for supply, it'll go from the vacuum tree to the canister to the solenoids. Check to see if your canister has rusted out.

jpachla June 11th, 2013 12:00 PM

ok, then. Looks like I have some detective work to do. my black and red from the canister have vacuum,, just not the white. and my canister is plastic. So I guess than only leaves one line to check.

Just for grins and giggles,,, could I pull a vacuum source from elsewhere to supply the evr?

Of course I realize that I still have to find the leak that is causing the white line to have no vacuum,,so guess it dont matter... just thinking out loud here

thanks for info,,, sometimes you get tunnel vision

Booba5185 June 11th, 2013 12:09 PM

You could connect the EVR directly to the vacuum tree, but yea you still gotta find that leak. On some trucks, the EVR is connected to the vacuum tree stock.