Ford Truck Club Forum

Ford Truck Club Forum (http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/index.php)
-   1973-1991 Ford F150
(http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   next small project (http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10732)

harrison28 March 17th, 2016 01:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
removed the steering column last night. gonna put the column from the 88 in after i do the pedal assembly. might swap the steering wheels back though. the 88 had cruise and the 91 doesn't. i don't need a wheel with buttons if i'm not going to use em. :spin2:

JSoko March 18th, 2016 10:21 AM

called the local shop & told me the same about a .060 over 302

harrison28 March 18th, 2016 08:18 PM

I need to call my shop on Monday and see how it's coming along with the other block. Just finished installing brake/clutch assembly and the steering column with out the shifter. I'll post the pictures in the morning when I get to a computer.

harrison28 March 19th, 2016 07:35 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are the photos of the pedals installed and the shifter-less steering column. Removed the seat and pulled back the carpet also so i can game plan on making a hole for the manual. Seeing this removable tunnel makes me curious as to if the 88 has the same set up? If so,...I'll just swap those around also. :spin2:

harrison28 March 23rd, 2016 12:19 PM

stopped by the machine shop on Monday to see how the block is going,.....damn scumbag hasn't started on it yet. he told me he was gonna start it this week(again). if he wasn't the best around, i'd start hunting for a new shop. i guess i can be a little more patient since i'm not in a major hurry to have it back together. would like to have it done before the end of the summer for sure.

JSoko March 25th, 2016 06:28 AM

it sure is good outside working weather
well your kinda at his mercy
don't piss him off

harrison28 March 25th, 2016 10:17 AM

you're right about that!

harrison28 May 9th, 2016 09:17 AM

Update

5 Attachment(s)
Here's where we're at,...my machinist is killing me!!! Since I'm not building a race car motor,...my money isn't good enough I guess. So I told him to go eat shit and bark at moon. Even the best in the world isn't any good if he won't do the work! I've some pics below of a 1985 Supratrac ski boat with a 351W in it. I've joked around with this guy for a couple of years about taking this motor off his hands, and he finally bit. Him and his father rebuilt this motor about 5 years ago and have only put between 8 and 10 hours on it. We started it up over the weekend and boy does it idle smooth and rev up nice. it has a Holly 650 on it which I'm not sure I'm gonna keep or not. I have a Edlebrock that I may put on it. Didn't get to work on it Sunday due to Mother's day, but I'll get all the marine exhaust and other stuff off of it this week and start getting it and the truck ready for their union.

:ford2:

JSoko May 12th, 2016 06:28 AM

even though I use Edelbrocks

depending on the model I prefer a Holley

650 is as big as you would need to go

also if that is the original Marine engine they have beefed up internals

hopefully they didn't replace rotating parts with China crap during the re-build

harrison28 May 12th, 2016 11:11 AM

I've heard elsewhere that 650 is the biggest you should go on a 351. This will be my 1st carbureted motor, so it will be a learning experience for me. It was running real smooth before I pulled it out of the boat,....so the Holly will definitely go back on it.