Ford Truck Club Forum

Ford Truck Club Forum (http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion
(http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   F150's new options (http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3088)

catmechanic07 April 21st, 2010 07:52 AM

F150's new options

I heard through the grapevine that ford was adding a new feature (option) to the F150 due to the large snowfall amount across the country.

Its option code x67 which adds a Heated Tailgate (available with or without the "man step")

Ford said that this is one of their "Better Ideas" and helps to keep the drivers hands warm while he is pushing the truck through the SNOW.:gasp:

2004FX4F150 April 21st, 2010 09:15 AM

I believe they saw this idea on the GM drawing board.

Klitch April 21st, 2010 09:29 AM

Nah, GM opted to stay with the seat warmer because its pointless to try pushing it out, may as well stay inside until a tow truck shows up.

The Fords can at least be pushed :D

Bates88 April 21st, 2010 03:21 PM

That's an old one, GM & Dodge have had them for years, that's why their BANKRUPT! :smilez:

catmechanic07 April 21st, 2010 10:47 PM

LMAO! I saw that on a GM forum. Just wanted to see who would respond like a child to it!

Bates88 April 22nd, 2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catmechanic07 (Post 30569)
LMAO! I saw that on a GM forum. Just wanted to see who would respond like a child to it!

Got a regular customer who owned a GM then traded it in on a Dodge, and I'd ask him if he had the "heated tailgate" option.
Guy had a great sense of humour and would always try to get me about my FORD but never had a response for the t/gate joke.

pete59edsel April 22nd, 2010 07:17 PM

And here I was hoping for warm hands next winter.

catmechanic07 April 23rd, 2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bates88 (Post 30594)
Got a regular customer who owned a GM then traded it in on a Dodge, and I'd ask him if he had the "heated tailgate" option.
Guy had a great sense of humour and would always try to get me about my FORD but never had a response for the t/gate joke.

Chevy, Ford, Dodge.....they all the same to me as long as they get me from point A to point B. All of them have their issues and all of them breakdown. One beats the other one day then the next the other beats them. Its a never ending battle. Kinda like Hatfields & McCoys

DIXIE FIX April 23rd, 2010 11:30 AM

i dont worry too much about snow... but i pack the inside tailgate full of ice to help push my FURD in this hot florida weather

Bates88 April 23rd, 2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catmechanic07 (Post 30635)
Chevy, Ford, Dodge.....they all the same to me as long as they get me from point A to point B. All of them have their issues and all of them breakdown. One beats the other one day then the next the other beats them. Its a never ending battle. Kinda like Hatfields & McCoys

How true it is CAT. Spent many years in the automotive industry and have driven many trucks, didn't own my personal trucks until in my 30's, always drove a different vehicle every day. Ride was chebby, still like those 96-98 1500's/Yukon's/Tahoe's, Dodge, well, was Dodge. Didn't mind the engine. Overall for a truck was always a Ford, couldn't get away from them, kept leaning back to them. What can I say, that has been my experiences.
Each to their own though, but that is why I'm here.