Quantcast Ford Truck Club Forum - View Single Post - Rear light wiring '89 F350 styleside.
View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2018, 10:25 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Rear light wiring '89 F350 styleside.

Hi Folks, I've recently purchased an '1989 F350 from California & here in Australia we have to have separate Stop lights & Indicator lights. The stop lights are Red of course & our indicators must be Orange for vehicle registration purposes. I have been checking the rear wiring & the globes & globe holders are quite different from what we use here. We use a bayonet fitting globe & holder ie push the globe into the holder & twist until the locating tags lock in place. The US globes seem to be a wedge type base with retaining clips in the globe holder. All good, we have some Australian bulb holders & light bulbs but the problem comes about as it seems to me that the US system uses the same bulb & circuit for both Stop light & the Indicator. Can someone please tell me how the system works in the US, how many filaments are in the globe, ie tail light, indicator & stop light all in the one globe. We only have a maximum of 2 filaments in a globe ie tail light/stop light. The indicator is a separate globe. I have ordered a US workshop manual but do not expect to see it until the new year. Cheers & thank you, Curlewis