Quantcast Ford Truck Club Forum - View Single Post - 89 F250 2WD to 4WD
View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2015, 05:04 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 89 F250 2WD to 4WD

Hello everyone. Before we get started don't go tell me to buy another truck etc.... I have alot of sentimental value with this truck. To me it is priceless even if you think it is junk. I have been around this truck for 20+ years now and finally got it for myself. It has just over 60k original miles. It is a 1989 F-250 XLT Lariat 2WD 351W Automatic. Came from the factory with the plow package and the extra frame coating under the bed. I believe the plow package might have had a little heavier duty suspension also. There is no rust anywhere on this truck. It is in excellent condition. However living in West Virginia I myself find the 2WD a hindrance. I am going to convert it one way or another. I don't know if I should go with a S.A.S. or try and convert the front and rear both to the 05+ setup. Anyone with experience in this please feel free to let me know about your journey. I'm also willing to travel to do the swap with someone who has the experience. Thank you for your time and reading my ranting post.