Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-250 | F-350 SERIES | SUPER DUTY > 2008-2010 Ford F250 | F350

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old September 12th, 2018, 07:51 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default a/c compressor

New to the forum, tried a search but no match...

2009 F250 4x4 with 5.4L Gas

Need to replace (I think) the a/c compressor. Popping #30 fuse (a/c clutch relay fuse) and I've read that the internal wires could be loose internally, touching the pulley.

How hard is it to replace and is there anyone that has the steps. Obviously the easier the better but not afraid of getting dirty. Looks pretty tight and I can't even see how it's mounted.
Old September 12th, 2018, 08:04 PM

Liked 49 Times in 46 Posts

Are you going to change the whole compressor or just the clutch assembly?

If you are going to change the compressor, you need to evacuate the system, then recharge it. This takes a vacuum pump, gauges, and other A/C related tools.

2003 F-150 XL RCSB 2wd 4.2 5 speed 3.55 LS

« Batteries not charging - unusual odor | There is no next thread »

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 3
glc , harrison28 , mtnance