Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-250 | F-350 SERIES | SUPER DUTY > 1992-1997 Ford F250 | F350

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old August 14th, 2017, 03:37 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Throttle position sensor

I'm thinking my tps is going bad. The truck is an 1997 F250 HD 2WD 7.3l Turbo Diesel. The symptoms are:

1. Semi erratic rpm's at a cruse, the tach doesn't show it but I can here it, but not feel it. Happened to turn my radio down from full blast one day.

2. Sometimes when I first start out it is like I'm not pushing on the accelerator. After a few pedal movements it is fine.

This last one may be totally unrelated and has done it the whole time I've owned the truck. When I first take off, if I go wot it will chug at the top of first gear. Like if you manually downshift it and it cuts out to protect from over revving to protect the engine. It will recover from this and finally go into second on it's own.

The entire time your driving after that it's fine. However, if you shut the engine of even for a second and restart the truck it will do it again. Every single time you start or stop the truck.
Old August 14th, 2017, 08:36 PM

Liked 112 Times in 108 Posts

Any OBD codes?

2003 F-150 XL RCSB 2wd 4.2 5 speed 3.55 LS
Old August 19th, 2017, 06:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No codes on the scan tool. It's my understanding though that the scan tool doesnt read tranny codes. Could it be a sensor in the transmission telling it not to shift? Seems like it is something electrical. I can't see it being fuel related since it manifest itself so quickly once they key is turned off then on again. Surely the fuel couldn't lose pressure that quickly, a matter of seconds.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 7
250/350PS owner , Bulldog74 , glc , harrison28 , JSoko , larrhy2 , mschoppe67