Quantcast So..... I was driving around and found............. - Page 3 - Ford Truck Club Forum

Home

Forum

Gallery

Garage

Blog

Arcade

Settings

TOTM

Vote

Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > THE LOUNGE > General Discussion

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old October 20th, 2013, 10:48 PM

Liked 36 Times in 30 Posts

Had the opportunity to drive this....

2008 Cadillac XLR. This car is probably the best road car I have ever driven. 330hp 6speed auto. Firm but comfortable ride and flat ownes the corners. With a bit of flogging the car still made 22mpg avg. The interior is comfortable but visually too plastiky but the performance made me not really care. I love this car and hope to get to drive it again.

1400 rpm at 58mph. Great cruiser!!!

1994 F150 XLT ExCab SB 306, 4R70w, 8.8 3.55 open, MSD StreetFire coil, Taylor Siro Pro wires, MSD cap and rotor, 1.72 Roller Rockers, 2º cam advance w/ Cloyes Street True Roller timing set, Flat top Hyperutectic pistons, Flowtech Long Tube headers, Xpipe, High flow Magnaflow converters, Spintech XL Sportsman DIDO muffler.

Old October 21st, 2013, 12:54 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If I found a place like that I'd figure I had died and gone to heaven!! It is art and history on wheels, I would give ANYTHING to have any one of those! Although there were a lot of cool cars made in Australia in the 60's 70's they just don't seem to be in the same league as vintage American Iron. I owned a Ford Falcon XA Coupe when I was much younger, 302 Windsor and C4 with American Striker wheels, Gold with chrome rim!!- it was the closest thing in Australia to American muscle. I don't have any pics to hand as it was over 20 years ago but I'll find some! I Loved that car, it was so straight, had a custom bugcatcher and custom centre console. ran 325's all round - ahh the good ol days!!

1978 F100 XLT 4X4 (Mid-Wheelbase)

Old October 21st, 2013, 09:53 AM

Liked 36 Times in 30 Posts

Don't feel too bad. Yall have sone pretty interesting cars on that side of the pond. Namely the FPV Falcons. That 4.0l turbo straight six is no slouch. Too bad its being discontinued.

1994 F150 XLT ExCab SB 306, 4R70w, 8.8 3.55 open, MSD StreetFire coil, Taylor Siro Pro wires, MSD cap and rotor, 1.72 Roller Rockers, 2º cam advance w/ Cloyes Street True Roller timing set, Flat top Hyperutectic pistons, Flowtech Long Tube headers, Xpipe, High flow Magnaflow converters, Spintech XL Sportsman DIDO muffler.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 13
ASwaff400 , BigBlue79 , bikertrash3531 , Booba5185 , Cowboy-Kris , glc , JSoko , Klitch , RebelRed87 , Ridgerunner , Russo2 , skatebowd , The Frankster