Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-250 | F-350 SERIES | SUPER DUTY > 1987-1991 Ford F250 | F350

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old December 20th, 2018, 10:25 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Rear light wiring '89 F350 styleside.

Hi Folks, I've recently purchased an '1989 F350 from California & here in Australia we have to have separate Stop lights & Indicator lights. The stop lights are Red of course & our indicators must be Orange for vehicle registration purposes. I have been checking the rear wiring & the globes & globe holders are quite different from what we use here. We use a bayonet fitting globe & holder ie push the globe into the holder & twist until the locating tags lock in place. The US globes seem to be a wedge type base with retaining clips in the globe holder. All good, we have some Australian bulb holders & light bulbs but the problem comes about as it seems to me that the US system uses the same bulb & circuit for both Stop light & the Indicator. Can someone please tell me how the system works in the US, how many filaments are in the globe, ie tail light, indicator & stop light all in the one globe. We only have a maximum of 2 filaments in a globe ie tail light/stop light. The indicator is a separate globe. I have ordered a US workshop manual but do not expect to see it until the new year. Cheers & thank you, Curlewis
Old December 21st, 2018, 12:13 AM

Liked 105 Times in 102 Posts

They are 2 filament bulbs - one for tail lights and one for both stop lights and turn signal/hazard flashers. You are going to have to trace wiring back to find where the stop and flashers split.

2003 F-150 XL RCSB 2wd 4.2 5 speed 3.55 LS
The Following User Likes This Post:
harrison28 (December 21st, 2018)
Old December 22nd, 2018, 10:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks glc, I figured that was going to be the case. I received confirmation that my workshop manual has arrived in Australia now so I'm hoping to get that in the post tomorrow otherwise it will not arrive until after Christmas. I figure it will be easier to trace when I know what circuits I am looking for. Thank you for taking the time out to reply. Cheers Curlewis.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 5
bubba15848 , ChuckDirty , Curlewis , glc , harrison28