Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1992-1996 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old September 4th, 2010, 12:26 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I thought of something else too...You could mount it so it was takin up as much room on the roof as possible and overhang the the rest of it over the box. Build yourself some supports to go from the bed rails up or somehow from the bottom of the bed even. You could even incorporate a headache rack into the design if so desired. Lotsa possibilities, iam sure you've already gave it tons of thouhgt. Or just build one to fit your roof..just brainstormin for yah haha

95: I will leave a msg for him, thanx for the pic info.

HA! HA! I'm a supporting member and you're not!

Old September 4th, 2010, 01:10 AM

Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotts Black FX4 View Post
I thought of something else too...You could mount it so it was takin up as much room on the roof as possible and overhang the the rest of it over the box. Build yourself some supports to go from the bed rails up or somehow from the bottom of the bed even. You could even incorporate a headache rack into the design if so desired. Lotsa possibilities, iam sure you've already gave it tons of thouhgt. Or just build one to fit your roof..just brainstormin for yah haha

95: I will leave a msg for him, thanx for the pic info.
so far what ive planned is 4x6ft cargo rack on the topper, with an additional 1-1/2 ft hanging over the cab for a light bar... what ive thought of for additional support is since i rarely take the topper off, maybe once a year at most, where the 4 corners of the rack bolt to the roof, ill make some legs that go down to the bed rails on the inside and through bolt to the bed rails which would also secure the topper on better than them clamps holding it on now...

Aaron

'95 F150 XLT, reg cab long bed, swapped 351w,
4.56 gears, 4-link SAS, 14" coil overs.

SAS Thread!!!

'04 F250 Lariat, crew cab short bed 4x4 6.0L PSD, 3.73 gears, straight piped,
sinister coolant filter, welded egr, CAT EC-1 coolant, blue spring.
60 gallon fuel tank/tool box, SCT X4 w/IDP custom tunes, SOON TO BE STUDDED!!

a bunch of boats

Old September 4th, 2010, 02:54 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ahhh ok I get what your doin now...A topper here is callled a Canopy...I was thinkn you were puttin this on your tonneau cover. Ive seen guys that have some med-heavy gauge round tubing that goes over the "topper" on all 4 corners. The 1st one I saw was actually only an outside mounted roll bar, that was connected front to back. It must of had plates that were bolted to the bed rails that either when through the corners of the topper or at least sat on the bed rails and bolted to the bottom of the box. Add some expanded metal and maybe some support and voila tons of additional cargo space.

HA! HA! I'm a supporting member and you're not!

Old November 8th, 2010, 04:02 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did you get this finished yet?

BATES

"If you see this in your rear view mirror.........MOVE!"
Banks & PHP Powered
4wheels are for guys who can't drive with 2

Old November 8th, 2010, 06:23 PM

Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts

nope, been distracted by a 2 legged dear for the last 2 months lol... im gonna finish though, i need to go by my neighbors shop and get 20 ft of DOM tube so while im there im gonna get some 1x1 angle for the top section and the crossmembers to finish it... plus my dad blocked it with his boat so i gotta wait til next week when he moves the boat out of the way

Aaron

'95 F150 XLT, reg cab long bed, swapped 351w,
4.56 gears, 4-link SAS, 14" coil overs.

SAS Thread!!!

'04 F250 Lariat, crew cab short bed 4x4 6.0L PSD, 3.73 gears, straight piped,
sinister coolant filter, welded egr, CAT EC-1 coolant, blue spring.
60 gallon fuel tank/tool box, SCT X4 w/IDP custom tunes, SOON TO BE STUDDED!!

a bunch of boats

Old November 8th, 2010, 07:40 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASwaff400 View Post
nope, been distracted by a 2 legged dear for the last 2 months lol... im gonna finish though, i need to go by my neighbors shop and get 20 ft of DOM tube so while im there im gonna get some 1x1 angle for the top section and the crossmembers to finish it... plus my dad blocked it with his boat so i gotta wait til next week when he moves the boat out of the way
Sounds like some pretty good excuses!

BATES

"If you see this in your rear view mirror.........MOVE!"
Banks & PHP Powered
4wheels are for guys who can't drive with 2

Old November 10th, 2010, 04:17 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

your buildin the same concept i have. i found the best way to mount it, run 2 peices of angle iron front to back on the cap, same thing on bottom of rack so it seats snugly against the the other. bolt them together and now it is removable, and sucurle mounted to the roof. on the inside is ran 2 peices of flat stock directly under the angled steel and bolted them. i will put up pics if i find them.