Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-250 | F-350 SERIES | SUPER DUTY > 1999-2007 Ford F250 | F350

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 11th, 2011, 08:46 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Fathers 2000 PSD

Been tinkering on the 7.3, getting some of the little issues wrapped up, such as the vacuum to the hubs being lost causing his climate control to be stuck at defrost. Probably over working that little vacuum pump too.

Next (last?) problem this year is the radio has gone butt whacky, I haven't seen it turn itself on in months now. In those months its probably been driven 4 times...

Anywho, the radio was last seen acting intermittently, shutting off/turning on completely randomly. I've taken it out before and looked for a problem at the connections to the radio its self, nothing offered a solution.

Is there a common issue?
How can I find out if the radio unit its self is just bad?

built and blueprinted Lightning powerplant with p&p heads, race built 4r70w by Darrin @ BC-Automotive
1-Ton swap Dyno 436/475
Transmission saga. avoid www.Engineworldusa.com, junk import motors.

Old November 11th, 2011, 09:42 PM

Liked 185 Times in 167 Posts

could be a bad internal connection or at the connector
unplug the connector and straight wire it to a 12V source and ground

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Last edited by JSoko; November 11th, 2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old November 12th, 2011, 02:17 AM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Why didnt I think of that?

lol

built and blueprinted Lightning powerplant with p&p heads, race built 4r70w by Darrin @ BC-Automotive
1-Ton swap Dyno 436/475

Old November 12th, 2011, 09:57 AM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Hay Klitch
Ok the radio take the radio out . and you will need to remove the face of the radio once you have removed it you will see how the faceplate gets power clean those contact points and put it back together . if that doesnt fix it then its the elec board inside the face plate . thats about 100 bucks at that point i would go after market 150 bucks will get you a nice kenwood head unit ..
hope this helps you
Old November 15th, 2011, 12:42 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Klitch im very glad you mentioned that lil bit about the vacuum lines to the hubs. Mine are out and just recently the air will only blow from the defrost. Is there any other issues that loss of vacuum can cause cause I can tell you right now it doesnt seem like the turbo has been running up to par.

Have you donated to FordTruckClub.net yet? I have!

Old November 15th, 2011, 02:28 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesleeper View Post
Hay Klitch
Ok the radio take the radio out . and you will need to remove the face of the radio once you have removed it you will see how the faceplate gets power clean those contact points and put it back together . if that doesnt fix it then its the elec board inside the face plate . thats about 100 bucks at that point i would go after market 150 bucks will get you a nice kenwood head unit ..
hope this helps you

its the circuit board for the faceplate that has the issue? I've had it down to the main board under the cd/casette. I couldnt find any obvious needs for repairs there.

Unfortunately my father is a fan of keeping everything stock because the new replacement stuff has too many functions for him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIXIE FIX View Post
Klitch im very glad you mentioned that lil bit about the vacuum lines to the hubs. Mine are out and just recently the air will only blow from the defrost. Is there any other issues that loss of vacuum can cause cause I can tell you right now it doesnt seem like the turbo has been running up to par.
I haven't traced all of the vacuum lines, but what I seen was from the vac reservoir you have the line for the vacuum pump, then the other line comes up to a Tee, which then directly routes to the climate control while the other direction hits the 4x4 solenoid on the fender. I did not see a vacuum for anything else associated with that vac pump/res.

1-Ton swap Dyno 436/475

Old November 15th, 2011, 11:32 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For the radio, you might try looking at the fuse. On my old '98 I had a very expensive aftermarket stereo that would turn on and off intermittently. I messed with it for probly 1 1/2 years before I figured out that an add-a-fuse I had used to power my satellite radio when I had the stock stereo had streched the prongs of the fuse holder apart and the fuse would make contact sometimes and wouldn't others. This may or may not be the case since he likes to keep things stock, but it's something else to check. Also, you might think about checking ebay or a junkyard for a stock replacement. I have one for an '06 but doubt it would work or you could have it...

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 11
ASwaff400 , DIXIE FIX , donee11 , DoubleDee , ericmiller181@gmail.com , JSoko , Klitch , Russo2 , sbellinghausen , skatebowd , whitesleeper