Quantcast New to me 1995 - clutch doesn't release - Page 2 - Ford Truck Club Forum

Home

Forum

Gallery

Garage

Blog

Arcade

Settings

TOTM

Vote

Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1992-1996 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old May 27th, 2012, 10:46 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It uses Mercon III ATF, not gear lube, not power steering fluid, so get that wrong.

Good to hear you got the clutch working!

Dave
Old May 27th, 2012, 11:36 PM

Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts

Someone must of put an adjustable push rod on it, that isn't factory. How's the bushing that hold the push rod to the pedal lever type deal? I made mine out of brass after blow 3 of those plastic bushings. There is also a heim joint affair on the market that completely replaces that weak joint.
Did you gravity bleed and then jack rabbit the clutch pedal? Read this, it's straight from the manual. It says to hold the pedal down and pull it back fast, but slamming the pedal a few dozen times does the trick.
Concentric slave is what you wanna read.

Link if it's too small to see.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...leadclutch.jpg

1990 F150XLTLariat. 300I6. ZF. BDS. 36x16.5x15FC. SAS under construction.

How to: FTC Gallery.

How to: Brick steering column.
How to: Wiper motor removal.
Shop Class 101.
Door Tag Codes.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 04:10 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo2 View Post
Someone must of put an adjustable push rod on it, that isn't factory. How's the bushing that hold the push rod to the pedal lever type deal? I made mine out of brass after blow 3 of those plastic bushings. There is also a heim joint affair on the market that completely replaces that weak joint.
Did you gravity bleed and then jack rabbit the clutch pedal? Read this, it's straight from the manual. It says to hold the pedal down and pull it back fast, but slamming the pedal a few dozen times does the trick.
Concentric slave is what you wanna read.

Link if it's too small to see.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...leadclutch.jpg
That page from the manual will be helpful to me, should I need to mess with it all again.

What I need to know now, however, is how on earth I get the steering knuckle off. I've removed a pinch bolt, removed the nut on the bottom balljoint, there is a thing that looks like a nut on top with a cut in one side of it. This is a *2wd* truck, I've found nothing but information on 4wd trucks. Which is completely different. The hex-with-a-cut in it will turn with enough elbow grease, but the part inside it turns with it. Nowhere do I see information on if it unscrews, slides off? Do I need a special tool? Do I just need to hit it harder with a hammer? Do I need to give up and cut the entire pin out with an angle grinder?