Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > GARAGE TALK > Garage Talk: Paint & Detailing

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old May 9th, 2011, 03:04 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I got some in thru the intake...didnt feel like it was even spraying, I kept shaking can a bit while still spraying to see if it was actually coming out....?? Not sure how its supposed to come out of the can, my can more or less shot it out in a lame kinda stream. Anyhow I got sick of tryin to keep it running while sprayin so I shut her off and waited. It smoked a fair bit actually...alot more that way than in thru the brake booster hose. Guess I should have another go at it...truck barely kept running without booster hose attatched, in fact it stalled on me ( no I wasnt even doing anything). It also really doesnt like to run without all the plastic air intake crap, which where the MAF and other line (s) run off of. No wonder they say to take off boot, insert straw and re-attach ! lol On mine the throttle body comes up vertically to the hard plastic sealed air intake and theres no way your gonna get that back together with a straw in there. My whole plastic intake including air box needs a bath something fierce so theres no way iam sprayin thru any other connection.

HA! HA! I'm a supporting member and you're not!

Old May 9th, 2011, 03:14 AM

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts

I used Seafoam years ago with my GMC. Never had a problem. I liked it. Whether it was real world results or my mental perception of doing a good thing for the truck. It never hurt the truck, i never noticed any real difference, I felt good knowing i did something to help the truck.

I recently put in Lucas injector cleaner in both the 2009 F150 Ford V8 and the 2001 Camry has a V-6. I had no problems with the additive altering or messing with the electronics. Both vehicles have 32k and 22k miles on them respectivly. No problems and i feel good about cleaning the fule system and injectors.

What we leave behind are our words and our deeds. Nothing else really matters.

Old May 9th, 2011, 02:26 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It seems to run and idle slighty better, like you say tho, who really knows. But hey if that's what we think, it was worth it. I always thought it ran slightly better with an oil change too. Did you ever use it in your oil ? I was gonna but after suckin 160ml's in booster, dumping some in throttle body, I poured the rest in the fuel.

Old May 13th, 2011, 10:58 PM

yes i did. like we both say seems to do something just cant put my finger one thing for sure. Did feel like i made things better tho.

sorta like when we wash the truck.
1 - it rains halfway through the waxing
2 - i do go faster .. something about co-efficiency of drag...

Old May 14th, 2011, 01:50 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianF150 View Post
yes i did. like we both say seems to do something just cant put my finger one thing for sure. Did feel like i made things better tho.

sorta like when we wash the truck.
1 - it rains halfway through the waxing
2 - i do go faster .. something about co-efficiency of drag...
Hahaha....co-efficiency of friction maybe....but yah. It just seems to run better when you're takin good care of it. I think the funnest part of doin this kinda stuff, adding mods and such, is it is fun to do and a good feeling you get for doing it. Also it nice to notice any little improvements...that just flat out makes for more HP haha

Old May 14th, 2011, 01:03 PM

the only thing that i had a concern about when adding it through the intake was the time it took to slowly empty the can without stalling out the motor and the hands involvement required.

by that i mean that i had to slowly feed it through the intake with the motor running. so i used a bolt (it was just something close to me when i did it is all) to hold the linkage open to keep the rpm at about 2500 rpm during the process. I'm too lazy to hold the cable and i wanted both hands free.

i liked the Lucas cleaner better. it deals with the whole fuel system from tank to pistons. Cleans the fuel lines and disperses the water into fuel instead of staying on the bottom of the tank. keeping the water, which every gas station storage tank has despite the installed filtration system, i promise its true.

over the years i used just about every type of fuel system cleaner from tank to throttle types and for industrial use to consumer applications. reckon its user pref.

if i rem right Seafoam was initially designed back in the '30's for marine engines exposed to water and the fuel system contaminations caused by the marine environment. If i had a boat i would only use Seafoam in it. transmissions create a lot of heat and condensation by the oil being repeatedly heated and cooled and the normal use chemical reactions. Seafoam rules there too.

couple of things i always have around.
~ WD-40 - man's tool treat for the stubborn biatch bolts. Water Displacement - 40th try at getting the chemicals right ie.. WD-40

~ 3-in-1 oil - trusted for over a 100 years and still works! Sometimes the simple things are just the right things.

~ small bottle of sewing machine oil - sometimes you need really fine viscosity oil - nothing else works.

~ Elmer's carpenter glue - just makes life easy - the most handy dandy long lived (when you keep it capped) glue on the planet.

one use of mine for Elmer's is to cut about 20 sheets of printer paper length ways into three strips. stack the strips together and with wood holding it all together in my vise. i use Elmer's glue to make a type of book binding for one end. let it sit sorta loosely overnight in the vise and in the mornin - we got scrap note paper for the fridge for the wife and i to write down notes, phone messages, grocery list, just about anything. the paper is easy to rip to size and always there when needed. even went so anal that i got one of those pens ona chain so we dont have to do a search and seizeure mission just to write each other a message. wife and i love it. kids used to think i was just cheap until they used it a few times. now they dont have a problem in reminding me when i need to make more.

one learned trick was to add a scrap piece of hard cardboard backing for the strips of paper and strip magnet glued to the back of the cardboard. it makes a great way to stick the note pad on the side of the fridge. nothing to unclip when you need a notepad ina hurry. its all either too damn cheap or too damn creative - open for interpretations i reckon.

Last edited by HawaiianF150; May 14th, 2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old May 14th, 2011, 02:27 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I was gonna push a funnel into the brake booster hose, which I just bought 4 diff sized ones. do you think I could find one that fit in there?? Of course not, only found the 2 biggest ones....everytime. I recently just found a plastic bag full of brand new screw drivers I bought a couple months ago. Seafoam is suppose to displace any moisture as well, maybe ill have a look at the Lucas stuff next time. Ive read the Seafoam Trans Tune is the best on the market, I believe that was from a satisfied customer. I have a friend who uses the Lucas trans stuff and believes in it.

Wow, now thats gettin real crafty when your makin your own note pads ! lol But hey if its something you like to do...so be it.

Old May 14th, 2011, 10:30 PM

my older brother races atv's in maine, up near Parsonsfield. Swears by Lucas oil products. done so for as long as i can remember. he has been using them in all the tractors, trucks, cars, ATV's anything on wheels and or has a motor. he also uses it in the generators and chainsaws. Then again he lives in no'mans land. he usually sees 10-15 ft snow every year on his part of the mountain. The tractor clears his roads and pulls in lumber. generator up there is pretty darn important. doubt he would risk a foolish thought. he is the napa store manager so kinda been in the mechanical side for all of his life. think he is little over 60 now.

Old May 15th, 2011, 06:31 AM

Liked 187 Times in 169 Posts

heck Rick, I thought you were over 60 LOL

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old May 15th, 2011, 06:24 PM

56 for now - 57 in sept

all the miles are inside