Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > THE LOUNGE > General Discussion

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 1st, 2013, 10:58 AM

Liked 166 Times in 148 Posts
Arrow What This Hunting Seaon Means To Me

While food is definitely a factor, we have lived mostly off of game meat at our house for most my life, it is only a portion of the reason and reward of hunting. Perhaps Fred Bear best described it as "Soul Cleansing".

I feel a "peace" when I'm at field. I sit alone in my blind or stand and think and ponder a multitude of things in complete relaxation. Yet at the same time I feel relaxed my instincts and senses are at a heightened awareness noticing the most minute movements, noises or changes in my surroundings. I feel as I become at one with the world. Not man's world, but God's.

Wiping the sweat from my brow while planting food plots or clearing lanes, wiping my nose at the cold tingle of a winter day while sitting in stand, listening to the sound of raindrops on the leaves under the canopy of trees, listening to the water as it flows over the near by creek, smelling the musk of a rutting buck, and a seemingly endless list of sensual triggers is something that I crave and can't imagine my life without.

And while I so enjoy the solitude of a hunt, it is also the camaraderie of hunts/hunting that often brings me together with friends and family in scouting and preparation sessions, deer camps, squirrel & rabbit hunts, butchering days, and of course sharing and enjoying the fruits of our hunts. The amazement of watching my dogs work a scent, and the excitement of a strike and the anticipation of what they've located is different than most any other activity I do, as is the rush of an approaching deer, or the adrenaline dump after releasing an arrow.

I feel a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment not only in my kills, but in what I do for mother earth in my efforts as a land manager, and possibly most rewarding as a father who has passed down not just an activity, but a skill, a discipline, a way of life, to my children that I hope will benefit from them no matter what avenues they choose in life.

Yes, Life Is Good in Northwest Georgia

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Last edited by JSoko; November 1st, 2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old November 1st, 2013, 11:37 AM

Old November 1st, 2013, 11:11 PM

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts

Well said!

Lowriders are for guys who can't get it up!
Sissy's drive 2wd's! (you know who you are!!)

Black Sheep of FTC
Old November 2nd, 2013, 04:34 AM

I forgot to add; it also means getting up early, my least favorite

Old November 3rd, 2013, 11:02 AM

I want to add this

Sitting around the campfire Friday night listening to the other hunters talk and tell stories, I thought about the following while I was hunting Saturday morning.

There are millions of people throughout the world who know about Deer hunting. I believe only a small portion know the true essence of what it's about, or simply forgot. God has given us the spectacular and wonderful creature to enjoy. We all enjoy the antlers on the wall and the food on the table. We all enjoy telling the stories of how we came upon and killed the animal, but it seems to a lot of hunters those are the only moments they cherish. How many of us remember the days we did'nt see a Deer? We don't tend to remember those days very often

As I was in the woods Saturday morning, and the sun was making it's way through the darkness. The birds made their first chirps of the day. I thought to myself, Now, this is what it's all about.

God gives us these opportunities to grasp what He is truly made of, and we simply never pay attention. We don't take the time to thank Him for this small amount of time to be with Him. It's so great just looking through the woods, soaking up the fresh air or simply watching squirrels looking for acorns.

To all hunters, I encourage you to grasp the little things in this great sport. We should use it to teach kids that life doesn't always have to go fast. We should slow down and enjoy the small things in life. God has so much to offer in the woods. We just simply have to pat attention.

Old November 4th, 2013, 10:53 PM

Life is VERY good here in Southern Virginia!

I had the same thoughts Sat as the sun came peeking thru the trees and over the mountains. The birds chirping and flying around looking for food. We sometimes forget that we are sitting there in search of food as well. God made us top of the food chain with the ability to harvest food in a different way. He gave humans the ability to harvest food that he put here for us all while enjoying what he has created. Whether we take the time to realize what he has given us and take the time to thank him for it is up to each individual.

Black Sheep of FTC
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:42 PM

Default Times They Are a Changing

DEER CAMP
“Deer Camp” With those two words, faded snapshots come to mind of hunters in red-plaid flannel shirts, grinning as they pose next to their deer. Muddy pickups parked next to weathered cabins. Men with three-day beards and blaze orange hats clustered around the dinner table. You can almost smell wood smoke in the air. so much tradition remains, yet much has changed...
Where traditions are true and hunting stories become legend. So much tradition remains the same, yet much has changed.

In Comes The Modern Deer Camp

It’s 2013, and technology has pushed its way into the traditional deer camp, too. Computers, smartphones, and an array of high-tech gadgets have actually improved the camp experience, some seem to think so. They’ve made our deer hunting better—and safer, too. And those long-time deer camp traditions? They’re still woven into the deer camp fabric, including the main one: family and friends spending time together.

Start with the tech basics: cell phones. Cells have replaced two-way radios at many camps, and the GPS capability built into these hand-held computers can help hunters avoid getting lost or make it easier to be found.

With texting, a hunter doesn’t have to worry that his or her voice might spook a nearby deer. Today’s cell phones also give a hunter something to do when the hours get long on the deer stand, like reading emails, playing games, and using other social media to see what other hunters are doing—at the same deer camp or across the country.

I have used the phone the past few seasons while hunting and have texted this season to find out whats happening around me when I hear shots; I've have finally enabled texting about 3 months ago. but don't tell many as if you want to communicate with me, call me.
I still use an old 'MIL. SPEC.' flip phone

Well, what do you think ????

Last edited by JSoko; November 5th, 2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:24 PM

LOL..........I'll send you a text and see how it goes!

Black Sheep of FTC
Old October 6th, 2017, 09:50 AM

3-1/2 weeks into Bow Season and it has been a bust so far. The heat & wind have been bad. I see Deer each time I go but most are out of range.
I try to do everything right, but I've been busted twice in my stand by the Does.

This AM is one of the coldest mornings @ 50*F, it's starting to feel like deer season, I'll be perched in a tree before daylight (30 min away), looking for one of the many Bucks I've seen on camera.
I've seen one good Buck between my house and the graveyard, he's only shown himself twice (July & August). Time will tell.
I have too many Does and they taste the best, so I will take one if presented a shot.

Old October 6th, 2017, 02:36 PM

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

That's a hell of a rack he's sporting there. He looks a little young from that angle. If so, he'll be a monster in the next year or two, if he makes it that long. Good luck out there.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 12
ASwaff400 , catmechanic07 , Dự án mới , glc , global2017 , hangbepchien , harrison28 , JSoko , Klitch , koyham123456 , lalakien213 , skatebowd