Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > GARAGE TALK > Garage Talk: Solid Axle Swaps

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old April 26th, 2010, 12:49 PM

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Arrow Need Help With Dana 44 Build

OK so my truck goes in the first week of May to have the engine removed, taken apart, repainted and rebuilt with new performance parts. After that, its off to the body shop to get all body work taken care of. Both jobs are already paid for.

Last major thing is to do is install front axle and lift the front and rear. I have no idea where I should be looking to get the last part of my build done. The truck needs to be done by July 1st.

OK back to the axle, I have taken it completely apart, sanded and repainted it. I would like to keep the axles, hubs, knuckles, calipers, carrier and most of the bearings. I would like to rebuild the calipers buy new rotors, spindles and clean up my hubs to reuse.

I also want to go with 4.56 gears. I plan on doing a 10 inch lift with 37 inch tires. As you know, I already have the tires.

OK for those of you who know what I need, should be replacing and specific part numbers and links, please post away. I want to keep this build on a really low budget.

First step I want to cover in this thread is rebuilding the axle completely, then start a new thread for radius arms, springs and shocks or whatever else will be needed to mount it to the truck lifted.

Old April 26th, 2010, 04:05 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One thing I didn't know about when I built my explorer. The inner spindle bearings and seal.

They are where the axle shaft goes into the spindle on the knuckle side. Spindle bearing and seals.

Jake 08 F250 FX4 6.4 CC SB 4x4
Purple Haze 93 Explorer Sport
Rusty 78 F250 Snowfighter
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:42 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are you replaxing axle shafts or just looking to replace old parts.
You can start with gearing and get a master rebuild kit which includes new seals, bearings, and any other parts needed to rebuild the diff. Make sure you get a kit with seals, or youll wind up like me and blow the old seals out first time you throw it in 4 wheel. As for websites/links i will post them when i get my computer working and can access my favorites.