Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 132
6.2L modification - Ford Truck Club Forum

Home

Forum

Gallery

Garage

Blog

Arcade

Settings

TOTM

Vote

Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > More Special Edition F150's

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old October 9th, 2018, 10:42 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool 6.2L modification

I have a 2012 F150 Harley addition, currently 160k well maintained, looking to modify to a 700HP smile.
#1 should I do it or leave it alone?
I'm talking to a Ford dealer out of state that is pretty excited about the build but I don't know enough to to make the jump.
Any direction on how to approach this task?
We are currently discussing a Wipple supercharger, Borla exhaust and headers, dyno-tuned and they also suggest going through the motor because of the miles. This alone will roughly cost me 22k, which is a lot of greenbacks.
My concern is what is the cause and effect by doing this? No mention by the dealer about transmission effect, cooling issues , rear end, suspension or braking problems.
I plan on holding onto this truck for a long time, wanting a toy but don't want to ruin it by putting the cart before the horse.
All replies and advice welcome.
Old October 10th, 2018, 10:48 AM

Liked 58 Times in 55 Posts

Welcome to FTC! I've moved your thread to the appropriate forum, "Forum guidelines and support" is only for this:

Quote:
Please refrain from posting anything other than site usage related issues and/or questions. You will also find basic site rules as well as FAQ's (frequently asked questions) pertaining to site usage.

2003 F-150 XL RCSB 2wd 4.2 5 speed 3.55 LS
Old October 10th, 2018, 02:09 PM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

If you're planning to hold on to the truck for a long time, then the cost isn't that important. You'll never get that money back anyway. If you're gonna be doing this in stages, then I would say the transmission and rear end would definitely need to be addressed before you start pouring the power to the motor. Brakes and suspension would be next. Last thing you want is to have all the added power and not be able to control the truck. I say go for it bro. Take plenty of pictures and keep us in the loop. I know I'd love to see how it turns out.

« Spied: 2018 Ford F-150 Diesel Hybrid? | There is no next thread »

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 3
glc , harrison28 , LeeH