Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1973-1991 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old April 5th, 2017, 09:58 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1986 Ford F150 302 multi point fuel injection

I purchased this truck about a year ago. When I purchased it it had a hesitation, stumbling issue on medium to hard acceleration. It has gotten worse. It seems to be tied to the outside air temperature. It does it all the time even when the outside temperatures are low, say 50 degrees, but gets progressively worse as the outside temperature goes up, say in the eighties.

Living in the Houston metro area, the temperature can start out in the morning in the high 40's and top out in the high 80's by mid afternoon in the spring time. This has given me an opportunity to see the operation at different outside temperatures.

Just wondering if anyone may have an idea which sensor could be causing the issue. I am not into the electronic engine set-up. I prefer the older less complicated models, but the truck was in such great shape and all original I couldn't pass it up. Unfortunately my knowledge of the 1986 and up vehicles is limited when it comes to the electronics.

Any assistance sure would be appreciated.
Old December 26th, 2017, 12:45 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did you get any help with this ?

Did you check the Codes ?