Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > THE LOUNGE > General Discussion

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 15th, 2011, 03:47 PM

Liked 36 Times in 34 Posts
Exclamation Possible banking information breach

Last night i got on line to check a rarely used bank account that i have.This account is used primarily for paypal purchases.I had 4 unauthorized debits from my account from a site called cars.com,in the last few days.I called them and they have assured me that they will credit my account back the funds should take a week or so. This site sells ads for auto sales and auto parts.I don't know if their is any correlation to our recent FTC site problems or not but just want to bring this to ya'lls attention.

Mark

click below to see my FTC Gallery

Don't forget those that came before you! Be proud of who you are and where your from.

“No damn man kills me and lives.” Confederate Lieutenant General, Nathan Bedford Forrest

Last edited by skatebowd; November 15th, 2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old November 15th, 2011, 04:24 PM

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatebowd View Post
Last night i got on line to check a rarely used bank account that i have.This account is used primarily for paypal purchases.I had 4 unauthorized debits from my account from a site called cars.com,in the last few days.I called them and they have assured me that they will credit my account back the funds should take a week or so. This site sells ads for auto sales and auto parts.I don't know if their is any correlation to our recent FTC site problems or not but just want to bring this to ya'lls attention.

Mark

Cars.com is a pretty big site... don't see them making fruadulent charges to your account.

If you believe your computer has been comprimised, please read my thread here.

If you think your banking credentials have also been comprimised, change them.

I hope everything works out for you.

Old November 15th, 2011, 08:22 PM

Liked 36 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine5flareside View Post
Cars.com is a pretty big site... don't see them making fraudulent charges to your account.

No. It was some one purchasing adds, on their site with my credit card number.How in the world they got it i have no idea.I have never even heard of the site.but i have canceled my card and cleaned out my computer and everything should be fine.Just wanted to share with the membership what happened.:salut:

click below to see my FTC Gallery

Don't forget those that came before you! Be proud of who you are and where your from.

“No damn man kills me and lives.” Confederate Lieutenant General, Nathan Bedford Forrest

Old November 21st, 2011, 01:19 AM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Ha... I had a similar issue with both of my credit cards where there were fraudulent charges... B&H photo, then an apple itunes charge. I didn't know about the first unauthorized use of one card until some company called the house. It was used at 3 different places. I called my credit card company and got everything sorted out. The other card... had a small purchase at first for around 6 bucks, then a consecutive charge of over 30 dollars. I don't even have an ipod!

Anyways, both card companies didn't charge me the fraudulent charges and issued new cards with new numbers. This was a few months ago.

Double(. Y .)Dee
SSG, TXARNG
OIF III ('05) & OIF VIII ('10)
Least knowledgeable when it comes to the whirly, spinny things.

How To Use The FTC Gallery
Check out the Truck of the Month forum and vote!
2004-2008 F-150 Specific How To's:
VIN Decoder
Gotts Mod - 4.6L (5.4L similar)
Big 3 Upgrade
Seat Removal
Interior Door Disassembly SCrew (RCab/SCab similar)
Interior Trim/Carpet Removal

"Fighting is not handing out cookies, it's gunfire and rockets, and there will be casualties." - Haji Khalifa Mohammad Shah

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 10
ASwaff400 , BigBlue79 , DoubleDee , herbz , Klitch , nine5flareside , pete59edsel , Russo2 , skatebowd , whitesleeper