Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1973-1991 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old February 26th, 2012, 12:01 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Egr , and idle solenoids.

Hello, i am getting ready to replace my carb with the same d7te carb thats on it. Im just gonna get a reman motorcraft 2150. Anyhow i have notice my egr is plugged up. I assume it would go to the vaccume line that has a bolt in it? I will just replace the lines with new buti got to make sure i know where they go. This is my first old pickup and i am learning. I also noticed the idle solenoid is unplgged and just sitting there. What do they do exactly? The wire comming directly out the back is kinda short. It does have a plug on it but i cant for the life of me find where it would plug into. I just want to get it back running smooth and no hesitation. the previous owner is a mechanic and he installed a rebuild kit in the carb but he said there was one jet screw in the bottom of the bowl that he could not get unstuck. Even pb blaster and time just would dop it. Im just gonna replace it! Thaks for your post, opinions and info welcome. I really dont want to take my intake off so thats why i am sticking to 2bbl.