Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > GARAGE TALK > Garage Talk: Wheels & Tires

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old September 1st, 2010, 11:34 AM

Location: Live on the outskirts of Philly, little town called Collingdale.
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Tire website

Hey guys, money is tight, staying with the stock size, 275/65/18 until my situation gets a little better. Was gonna go wide, but was told that getting a non-aggressive type tire that wide, would look ridiculous, such as the terra grapplers. Anything with a huge tread, is just way too pricey for me right now.

Found this site last night, www.tires-easy.com, they have some ridulously cheap prices and no outrageous shipping. Some brands I've never heard of such as GT Radial, Dean or Nexen, but they are worldwide companies with factories here is the USA.

Can someone take a look and let me know what everyone thinks? I;m looking at the GT Radial ADVENTURO A/T II, comes to around $165 shipped each.

Here is the link to my size.

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...&sort_by=preis

thanks everyone.

A tattoo is a permanent symbol of temporary insanity

Old September 1st, 2010, 12:55 PM

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

I have never heard of them and their parent company is based in Europe. I would think that they probably drop ship but again, I have never heard of them so I don't know. Maybe see if Tire Rack or another well known company will price match. Below are some reviews I found about them:

Read terms and conditions. You're making an offer to buy tires they may not have.

I ordered 2 Bridgestone Insignia tires for $40.90 each + $22.94 to ship both for a total of $104.74. I got a call from VISA asking me if I authorized a charge to a company in Great Britain for $104.74. I said I had ordered some tires off the internet. The General Terms and Conditions on Tires-easy,com's web site says: "We will not charge your credit card until the items are actually shipped to you." Since I knew they had charged my credit card, I checked my email to see when the tires would arrive and found an email that said "we are sorry to inform you that the products you have ordered from us: 2 tires Bridgestone Insignia SL 185/70 R14 87S (GAN)are not available for the moment. Unfortunately, we cannot offer an availability date either. But we could offer you the following tyres as an alternative: Toyo SPECTRUM for 40,20 $ per tyre + $24.61 shipping costs." Since they violated their VERY LENGTHY terms and conditions, I cancelled my order by email and asked for conformation that they had cancelled the credit card charge. They responded "we are sorry to inform you that order RD xxxxxxx listed in your order dated 04.01.2007 will be cancelled, other reasons". No mention of cancelling the charge. I called them on Friday. They said the person who could reverse the charge would be informed and do it Monday or Tuesday. If you are interested in speedy charges to your credit card, this is the company for you. Since they did not follow their own terms and conditions and I do not have the tires I wanted, I will look elsewhere.

Customer Service SUCKS!!

I ordered from tires-easy.com because they saved me about $500 on tires. Everywhere I went gave me quotes up to $1300 for a set of 4 for my Nissan 350Z.

I placed 2 orders, one order for my front, one order for the back, since you can't mix multiple sizes in the same order.

I received the shipment, in 3 days, but only received 3 tires. I've called several times, and it was after the 3rd time, and 2nd email, I was told that the tire must have been lost in the mail, and I needed to contact UPS. So I did. Then I get an email from Tires-easy saying it didn't leave the warehouse, and they would ship it by a certain date, and send me tracking information. Well, the "certain date" was 2 days ago, and when I called to check on the status of my missing tire, I was told to call back tomorrow... Honestly, I am fed up with Customer Service. I've been a nice guy for the last week, and Nobody seems to know what's going on, or what to do to fix it. I'm about liable to call the bank and have them take my money back! All I want is the tire that I paid for. Is that so hard?

I WAS SOLD DANGEROUS TIRES!!!

We received our tires promptly and thought everything was fine until we took them to our local tire shop to be mounted. The tires were nearly 5 years old and were deteriorating. Our tire shop refused to mount the tires because they were so dangerous! We were about to put these tires on my sons truck and they could have killed him. Read the DOT # on your tires-ours were stamped 2202 which means they were manufactured in the 22nd week of 2002-no wonder the price was so much lower. I did eventually get my refund but it was a big hassle and I never got an apology for the deception.

Unbeatable prices & fast delivery

I didn´t know that buying tires online could be so easy. This site is awesome. tires-easy.com has a wide offer of tires, so that I could find the set of tires that fit my requirements and my budget. The prices are hard to beat.
I ordered on Monday, got tracking on Tuesday that they sent them out Monday evening and would be here on Saturday... and to my surprise they came on Thursday!! that is great, what a fast delivery!!! I will shop with you guys again when I need tires.

Good work!

For my 1994 Cadillac DeVille I needed new tires. Because I’m currently just out of cash, I decided to search for the tires on the Internet. At tires-easy.com I found them quickly. There I was on the option "search by model" and could find the West Lake SP06215/70 R15 98H with rim protection, BSW. It was the cheapest tire for my car. The ordering process was super easy to set up. I paid via PayPal and within 4 days my tires were there. It is that simple.

Awful!! Not recommended.

I ordered tires and was expecting delivery in 3-5 day. I did not receive the tires. I called 6-8 times but could not get through to a customer service representative. I left messages but did not get a call back. I sent 3 e-mails and did not receive any answer. I still have no tires and have not heard from them. A very frustrating experience.

Excellent in every way!

I was skeptical and concerned, but wow! I saved a ton of money on new tires for my Corvette! It took 9 days for the tires to arrive from the time I ordered them and most of that time was shipping from the coast. I'm VERY impressed! Even the UPS guy said "we've all been looking at those tires all day.. those are some expensive tires!" I didnt have the heart to tell him how cheap I got them. I am extremely pleased!!!

Absolutely Horrible

I ordered tires from tires easy and they shipped the incorrect tires to their installer. Not only did they not notify me when they arrived - as their email promised to do, they will not take them back and will not refund me any money.

I've never before dealt with a company with such horrible customer service and would not recommend them to anyone.

order was excellent and arrived quick

Tire's were in stock, ordered on Tuesday evening to Oklahoma, arrived Friday Morning at the shop. I knew what i was looking for, Toyo Proxes 4. Tires arrived quickly and are super quiet. I will definately use them again for my other cars and refer them to everyone i know, excellent service.

Fortunately i did not have to deal with customer service so i have no idea how customer service is like.

<br>
Well, from personal experience, everytime I have tried to save money on something, it just never worked out in my favor. Something to think about... you get what you pay for. Good luck with your tire hunting.

Old September 1st, 2010, 01:00 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quite often the big name companies will make cheap s**t tires under another name.
And there is a lot of no-name brand tires out there that sell quite well but don't last as long (I'd be more worried about this).

BATES

"If you see this in your rear view mirror.........MOVE!"
Banks & PHP Powered
4wheels are for guys who can't drive with 2

Old September 1st, 2010, 01:06 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The ship from Portland. The few brands I mentioned I have never heard of, but doing a google search brought up some good reviews. I don't expect to get 50k out of a $140 tire, but anything is better than what I have now.

Even the name brands, such ash Hancook, Falken, Goodyear, the prices are resonable on here.

As for tirerack and discounttiredirect, They just dont have the selection. It's a handful and that's it. This site had over 70 for my size.

Do you think going wider with a non aggressive tread will look stupid? I mean, it would be nice to get a set of Cooper STTs, but I cant spend $270 a tire. The nicest/cheapest in that wide size I wanted 325/60/18 is the Nitto Terra Grappler, and that does not have that aggressive of a look. These tires are gonna stick out roughly 2-3" from my fender. I plan on getting fender flares, but not for a lil while at least.

Old September 1st, 2010, 01:18 PM

Get what you can afford. As far as the tire sticking out, it may look silly being that the truck is not lifted. If you do buy from them, make sure the tires are within DOT recommended safety dates.

Old September 1st, 2010, 01:40 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Eff it, I'm going with these
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=275

or my stock goodyears

Old September 1st, 2010, 05:29 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Read good things about the hancooks, going with them, final, done!

Old September 2nd, 2010, 09:38 AM

Liked 185 Times in 167 Posts

Hay Vinny, went to Discount Tires this am and got a set of General Grabber HTS's for the wife.
asked them for cheapest price for 275/65/18 [your size]
$169.00 for Hankook DynaPro ATM includes lifetime rotation & balance, valve stems & mounting.
keep in mind that if you go to a D T store they will honor all competator tire cupons, so start searching for cupons

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old September 2nd, 2010, 09:44 AM

I get plenty of coupons for tires in my email, just let me know and I will send you them. My suggestion though, first save up the money then start looking. Give yourself a reasonable budget and then start shopping.

Old September 2nd, 2010, 10:35 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks Joey, unfortunately the closest discount tire is Virginia, way too far for me to travel for tires. From their site, they are $178 shipped, my tire place around here will install for $30 all 4, mount, balance, new stems, disposal. They are a truck tire center, but I know them, so they give me a deal. Sometimes they can get me deals on tires, but lately, they just can't touch the online prices.

Tony, with my paycheck to paycheck budget, it's easiest for me to buy one tire a month and keep them on the porch until I am ready to install. I've settled on the Hankooks, read a lot of nice things about them, great in wet and snow, awesome in mud and sand. Nice tread pattern, good looking sidewall, and the price is right where I wanna be. Sticking with 275/65/18, as like I said, I don't go offroading, and a wider tire will just create more problems as I will need fender flares and lose more gas mileage. Do you have any coupons for them?