Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > RANGER | MAZDA-B > 1993-1997 Ford Ranger

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old August 18th, 2019, 08:01 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default auto. trans acting weird

hey guy's i have a 94 ranger 4x4 with the 4.0 and the a4ld trans. this truck came to me as partial payment for an expedition that i sold.this thing has been used and abused no maintenance by p/o. when i hop in in the morning i warm it up for a minute or so then head for work what happens is that when i let off the throttle and roll the last few feet checking for traffic it.s as though the tranny slips into neutral because i'm freewheeling. I give it some gas and usually it takes right off. it's not slipping at least no in the usual sense cause when she's ready to go it goes, this does not happen once it's warmed up a little. i drive a mile to the store do my business then off to work and the tranny is perfectly normal. it does not do it in reverse and i've found that if i keep my foot slightly on the gas and brake with my left foot it wont do it. I've been wrenching on rigs my whole life so i have plenty of experiance to draw from. never seen this before. i have new fluid and filter coming, and even though it really needs changed i dont think that's gonna be the cure

« missing hoses | There is no next thread »

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 4
BornBlu , glc , harrison28 , StephenWes