Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > ALL OTHER FORD MODELS > Ford Expedition

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old September 13th, 2013, 11:48 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default hissing noise coming from brake pedal

hi everyone:
this in a new arrival glad to be able to be part of this magnificent page.
I own a 04" ford expedition 4.6 v-8 a/t recently had a problem with my sub a hissing noise was coming out when I was driving, as soon as I step on the brakes the hissing noise would disappeared.many people suggested to have my brakes system bled,others suggested to replace rubber seal in the brake booster, but there is no way to do that, but someone told me just to go ahead replace the entire brake booster and thank god that was the solution no more hissing noise,but long and behold my cruise control will not work anymore not even the cruise control light will come on, I checked the fuse and is good but no current thru.. if anyone have a suggestion as how to check my speed control deactivator,remember one thing too,that cruise control de-activator is different from older models it has to be from 2003 and newer thanks you all keep in touch glad to be on board sincerely yours malvarez58.
Old September 13th, 2013, 11:57 AM

Liked 103 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
General Discussion
(6 Viewing)

This area is for all off topic and special interest discussions. News, Jokes, Hobbies and interesting internet finds from sites like eBay, youtube, craigslist etc. discussed here.

No Technical Talk Please or You Will Be Stoned to Death.

2003 F-150 XL RCSB 2wd 4.2 5 speed 3.55 LS
Old September 14th, 2013, 09:14 PM

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

I think he thought you were serious. Mal, redo your post in the proper area and your more likely to get an answer. Glad to have you. Say hi in new member area.

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!
Old September 26th, 2013, 10:10 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi everyone this is malvarez58 after a few days away from this website im back and also a good news my problems is been solved I found the problem as to way my expedition cruse control wasn't working there is a switch on the left side of the brake pedal is called the de activator switch has a pin that goes in and out it was compressed after disconnecting the brake pedal what u need to do is take the switch out and carefully snap the plastic tabs so that u can push the pin out you will see a whole bunch of small ratchet groves,those were pushed in when u disconnected the brake pedal,so just pull that pin out like I said after taking the switch apart put the two pices which is u re switch and u re cruse control will work again don't have to buy another one I hope this helps you hopefully u can understand my instruction will keep in touch,yours truelly malvarez58
Old September 26th, 2013, 10:22 PM

Liked 34 Times in 33 Posts

you should take some pictures and make this a thread .would be very informative!

click below to see my FTC Gallery

Don't forget those that came before you! Be proud of who you are and where your from.

“No damn man kills me and lives.” Confederate Lieutenant General, Nathan Bedford Forrest