Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 132
A Wobbly spinning wheel. - Page 3 - Ford Truck Club Forum

Home

Forum

Gallery

Garage

Blog

Arcade

Settings

TOTM

Vote

Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > RANGER | MAZDA-B > 1998-2000 Ford Ranger

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 5th, 2011, 03:31 PM

Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts

Easy with the caps man, it really makes it hard to read what you are saying.
Old February 10th, 2018, 11:24 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

I have good news about this whole wobbly shimmy thing with that right rear. On a recent trip to the coast for some fishing, my stRanger started acting funny. Any by funny, I mean it was very hesitant to accelerate from a stop. This began about halfway into the trip. I had just recently done a tranny drain/filter replacement and new radiator with the pick-up. So, I'm thinking the worst, in that the tranny is crapping out because of new fluid. I've heard some horror stories about tranny's giving out after a fluid change and flush. I digest. So, upon struggling to accelerating from a stop, it would eventually go and accelerate as if someone released a rope that was tied to a battleship's anchor. I asked my meckanik coworker when I arrived to the coast and he thought it was the tranny as well. Fast forward to my trip back. Now, upon slowing down for a red light or stop sign, my pick-up would lock up the wheels. I don't know if it was both or just one. I got to thinkin'... the next time I stop, I'm going to throw the tranny into neutral and see if the problem persists, and possibly ruling out the tranny. Yup, did it again. Nice wheel squeal to boot as well. I made it home, finding out one more fact. That if the ranger rolled back a little after stopping, I didn't have the hesitant acceleration anymore.

Long story long, the shoe had partially disintegrated, and the pad would get stuck between the front shoe and drum, causing the lock up. Upon rolling backwards, it would unstick. I threw new shoes and drums on her, and the wobble is gone.... the funny noise is gone, and that horrible wheel lockup on wet roads is gone. I guess it was the drum all along.

Double(. Y .)Dee
SSG, TXARNG
OIF III ('05) & OIF VIII ('10)
Least knowledgeable when it comes to the whirly, spinny things.

How To Use The FTC Gallery
Check out the Truck of the Month forum and vote!
2004-2008 F-150 Specific How To's:
VIN Decoder
Gotts Mod - 4.6L (5.4L similar)
Big 3 Upgrade
Seat Removal
Interior Door Disassembly SCrew (RCab/SCab similar)
Interior Trim/Carpet Removal

"Fighting is not handing out cookies, it's gunfire and rockets, and there will be casualties." - Haji Khalifa Mohammad Shah
Old February 12th, 2018, 09:47 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Thankfully it was something that simple instead of the tranny fluid curse! I've heard that too,...the clean fluid releases build in the unit and causes big problems. Hopefully the concerns didn't ruin the fishing trip.
Old February 18th, 2018, 10:42 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Double(. Y .)Dee
SSG, TXARNG
OIF III ('05) & OIF VIII ('10)
Least knowledgeable when it comes to the whirly, spinny things.

How To Use The FTC Gallery
Check out the Truck of the Month forum and vote!
2004-2008 F-150 Specific How To's:
VIN Decoder
Gotts Mod - 4.6L (5.4L similar)
Big 3 Upgrade
Seat Removal
Interior Door Disassembly SCrew (RCab/SCab similar)
Interior Trim/Carpet Removal

"Fighting is not handing out cookies, it's gunfire and rockets, and there will be casualties." - Haji Khalifa Mohammad Shah

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 16
BigBlue79 , BigT67 , CharlieM , DoubleDee , Flatbedmark , glc , harrison28 , JSoko , Klitch , nine5flareside , pondboy , Red91 , Russo2 , skatebowd , Sman , whitesleeper