Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1992-1996 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old January 26th, 2014, 08:56 AM

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default Several small problems

I have started having problems with my door locks. I cannot unlock passenger dr. with key. The last couple of nights, I have almost not been able to unlock drivers dr with key. It's like there is something catching or stopping key from turning. I'm going to wd-40 lock today and work it to see if that helps. Have never had to force key to open before. When I was up all night guarding, I would start my truck every few hrs. The idle would be fine, but every little bit it would rise for a bit and then settle back down. Since it has been cold, my cel light will not come on until I drove 5-6 miles and engine has warmed up some. During running in idle though, it will not come on. Seems to me there was one other little thing I had, but it's too early to think that hard. Love my new exhaust. Super 40 Flowmaster's and x-pipe. No cats as I wanted. If I had known this new job was coming, I could have waited a bit and got some high flows from summit, but o' well. At least now I can afford some headers. But I stopped and looked at a used Ultra Classic the other day at Rocket City HD...Hmmmmm I liked.

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!
Old January 26th, 2014, 09:46 AM

Liked 170 Times in 152 Posts

on that lock use graphite, they sell a small can just for locks, it can be had in either dry powder or liquid
also lube the key before sticking it in; could it be moisture coupled with freezing temps

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old January 26th, 2014, 09:54 AM

Liked 170 Times in 152 Posts

["looked at a used Ultra Classic"]
is it a twin cam engine ? depending on year they are problematic, mostly due to engine lubrication and not using bearings on some rotating engine parts, they call a bushing a bearing

best bet would be an Evolution engine made after '86, I see them with less than 30,000mi and under $7-$8,000, most have been tricked out by the owner and the EVO engine has no problem reaching the 85,000mi mark with nothing other than prevenative maintence

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old January 26th, 2014, 12:50 PM

I believe J it was a 2008 model. Sure was nice. A full dresser is what I've wanted for several years now. Maybe some time this year. I'll go get some lq grafite. The other small problem came to memory. Only when cold, but tranny won't shift into od till after about 3 miles. I leave my house and I'm on a hwy at speed. Just wonder if the cold and possible vacuum leak is the cause. One more thing, since new exhaust, there is a sound coming from the rear of engine and comes through frt of dash. It sounds like radio static or a giant short. I know, sounds crazy, but that is the way I hear it. Thanks J.

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!
Old January 26th, 2014, 01:53 PM

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

I always used Dry Graphite, took the cylinders out of the doors and cleaned them all out and lubed it with the graphite.
Old January 26th, 2014, 06:19 PM

Liked 65 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
tranny won't shift into od till after about 3 miles.
That's by design. There's a thermostatic switch that locks out OD till the fluid reaches 95 F.

2003 F-150 XL RCSB 2wd 4.2 5 speed 3.55 LS
Old January 26th, 2014, 08:54 PM

Ok glc. Just never have noticed it before and of course, we have not had cold like we've had since I bought truck. That noise I was talking about only happens during idle and maybe up to 1200 rpm. Advance didn't have any liquid graphite but they had a little tube with a end to fit in locks. They said it had graphite in it. Before I sprayed though, the door unlocked fine. Just must be frozen moisture at night. Must have a broke rod or its come undone or something on pass dr. It unlocks by pwr but not key. There are several things I want to do on drs but I've been waiting so I could pull dr panel off only once ie: upgrade speakers, replace mirrors, some sound deadening and fix window on pass dr which will not go up properly. I've also noticed some fine scratches on pass dr glass like it has rubbed something going up and down. May replace that too.

Old January 26th, 2014, 10:54 PM

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Probably rubbing the gasket on the door panel, happens a lot when they get old and start cracking.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 15
alexdale , ASwaff400 , BigBlue79 , bikertrash3531 , Booba5185 , F150GT , glc , Hamilton Fordy , HOGDAT , jeremyjj17 , JSoko , KD-DET , knifeman , Russo2 , The Frankster