Quantcast Jet 2005-2009 F150 Jet Performance Module install - Ford Truck Club Forum

Home

Forum

Gallery

Garage

Blog

Arcade

Settings

TOTM

Vote

Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 2004-2008 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old March 26th, 2010, 02:18 AM

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default Jet 2005-2009 F150 Jet Performance Module install

http://www.autoanything.com/Popups/V...ProductID=1777

can anyone verify that is the right plug for the 4.6L too?

What we leave behind are our words and our deeds. Nothing else really matters.

Old March 26th, 2010, 07:29 AM

Liked 185 Times in 167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianF150 View Post

can anyone verify that is the right plug for the 4.6L too?
PLUG? as in the location for the Jet Module #80628
Its fool proof can only be plugged into the correct space as the indexing of the module prevent fowl-ups (idiot proof)
NOW, remember this is a "canned tune" not a "custom tune"

Spark Plug? too many choices
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/sk..._REFERENCE.htm

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Last edited by JSoko; March 26th, 2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old March 27th, 2010, 11:30 AM

Big J-

Mongo love idiot proof! Mongo lonesome bb cell all alone cuz rest got bored. Mongo love beans.

What I meant to ask you made clear. What's the differences between canned and custom?

im gonna guess canned is preflashed witha set of instructions that do not get modified - like a power chip?

that would leave custom to something like a programmer?

I dont know much about these and it would be cool to learn if anyone has them. What are they using them for. Probably obvious on the power chip- canned one.

Where would a programmer or custom if i guessed right come into play?

Last edited by HawaiianF150; March 27th, 2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old March 27th, 2010, 01:28 PM

check this out they offer Custom Tunes that are set for your particular Mod's and driving style, biggest performance gains
http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13..._Products.html
OF COURSE THERE ARE OTHERS!!

canned tune = generic works with any Truck regaurdless if you have Mod's or not, will extract the most performance from the type of gas you use
http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=90&pvk=277

I got an EDGE in '06 then sent it to PHP for the GRYPHON up-grade; the engineer from edge left and opened his own shop (PHP) thus writing new software that could be up-loaded in the EDGE makeing it more "HAPPY"
anyway this usually opens up a Can of Worms, as everyone has their Favorite

I wear Boots even when I go to Hawaii, some folks wear Filp Flops LOL

Master Bates has done a good job on the Chip run down
http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/f...play.php?f=176

OH SHIT I JUST NOTICED YOU HAVE A '09

Last edited by JSoko; March 27th, 2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old March 27th, 2010, 07:41 PM

Mr. Master Bates!!

How could something like that look so wrong but be so right? Thanks for all you do to keep us in the loop and in debt

Seems PHP and Edge are out - no listing for me.

FlashPaq has me thinking..... The Cotex too. Trying to keep a level head here though. I most definitely want the torque without going nutziod. The part I'm in debate with is Gain vs Loss due to early wear and tear. Will the addition of a programmer change my transmission set points to where I am creating problems down line? Sure would like to hear others real world experiences on these chips and programmers. What I see so far is -

Value - under $500 it's a go
Need - heck ya it's a man toy!
Wife complaining about money spent - I have selective listening
Bragging rights - You betcha!

The price tag of the 5.4 was another $3000+ for my truck. The add-on's I've done so far to the drive train are less then $1000. The factory 5.4 didn't really offer much more in torque/HP then the 4.6L.

Last edited by HawaiianF150; March 27th, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old March 27th, 2010, 07:53 PM

Plenty of people wear boots in hawaii. To see them all you need to do is go to the "Vistor Center" hehe sry man had to do that it was like a freebee.

J/k J - heh, we actually have country bars here and if you think we dont raise farm animals here or ride horses or have decent trails or simple laid back lifestyles - well lets just say theres more to hawaii then bikini's.

Old March 28th, 2010, 12:19 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey 5-0! Stick with the flashpaq, it's cheaper than the cortex. The cortex is for multiple applications where the flashpaq is just for yours. So unless you also have a mustang, expedition, another F150 or something of the sort don't worry about the cortex.

BATES

"If you see this in your rear view mirror.........MOVE!"
Banks & PHP Powered
4wheels are for guys who can't drive with 2

Old March 28th, 2010, 07:54 AM

$3,000 extra on a 5.4, that must be Island price
my'06 5.4 was a $850 option
dont fool yourself there is a BIG differance between the 4.6 & 5.4 I have both (well not anymore, gave my '04 4.6 to my sister) and the butt dyno can tell the differance especially off the line and passing above 70mph

I spent 2 weeks in Hawaii back in '70 did some Island hopping and noticed there were pleanty of Horses and some of the best trail rides in the World
"a he nani ke so ao nei"

Old March 28th, 2010, 01:56 PM

B-88 - Thanks! Thats golden wisdom. There's always marketing out there but solid real world experience and advice that you and everyone help us out with is the ticket. thx bro's.

Big J - You right and I stand corrected on the HP. I was trying to convince myself I didn't wuss out when I opted for the 4.6L. The old saying is always true - No matter how you shake a metal can with a few rocks inside, it still rattles. Consumer Reports recently did a editorial spread on vehicle baseline price sticker cost differential based on the years 2000 to 2010. Ford trucks have increased in baseline cost almost $5000 in a decade. And that is only baseline amounts. Now add on the extras like upgrades and shipping and such and you feel the pain. Heck shipping costs have changed to where it is set to a mandatory and non-optional fixed line amount by the mfr because consumers got smarter, complained and refused to pay the markups. That led the dealers and mfrs to rethink money management at the mfr and dealership level leading it to a fixed line amount.

If I lived on the mainland and not here - I wouldn't have given the 4.6L more then a few glances. I also would have got the Crew Cab instead of the Super Cab. Being here it was hands down the best choice. Gas here is creeping back up to $3.84 a gal and my truck is settling in at around 18.6 mpg in city driving w/o the CAI and possible programmer mods.

Realistically, if I can get 19.5 + with the CAI I'm gonna be OK with what is completed so far. Then I'll focus on the JetPaq to take her over the 20+ mpg average while adding the HP and ft-lb torque I'm looking for. The clincher is I haven't had to modify the way I drive to get the results intended. Besides aint it why we do our mods.

Cant wait to see what I get with the CAI. Ship date is 2 April and install date is the weekend afters. Install tools required are Pearl Jam tunes, 12pk Bud, various hand tools and most importantly is pre-staging the dogs at the door from the house in case the other coin (wife) comes snooping in on my alone time.

BTW, last weekend I hooked up the son's old 5.1 / 500 watt sound system in the garage. It's about 7 years old and has a 300 watt 8in JBL sub that will bounce my parts cans off the shelf. The perfect anti-wife / anti-meddling tool for any garage.

Last edited by HawaiianF150; March 28th, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old March 28th, 2010, 03:09 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess if you had a 5.4 on the island once you got it wound up you'd have to power down right away or risk running out of land.

BATES

"If you see this in your rear view mirror.........MOVE!"
Banks & PHP Powered
4wheels are for guys who can't drive with 2