Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1973-1991 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old October 3rd, 2011, 07:15 PM

Liked 36 Times in 30 Posts
Default Lightning suspension on a 90 LWB

Ok here's the deal. Prior to May 22 i was making huge progress on my 90 Lariat. One of the things I was considering was using 1st gen Lightning suspension components. My question is, what was actually done to the Lightning to differ from stock? I know the stance was lowered, but did they actually handle any better? Next spring I intend to combine my two trucks into one.and I'm looking/ purchasing parts now to get ready. I had initially just planned on a 2" shackle drop and bigger sway bar for the rear but don't know what's out there for the front. I don't want to to lower the front, just firm it up a little for better handling.

Since I'm new I guess ill post a pic of what I was working on.
Before May 22

After

Three days after the storm I put two spare tires on, jumped it, and drove it home.
Here's the "new" truck

Thanks in advance.
BT

1994 F150 XLT ExCab SB 306, 4R70w, 8.8 3.55 open, MSD StreetFire coil, Taylor Siro Pro wires, MSD cap and rotor, 1.72 Roller Rockers, 2º cam advance w/ Cloyes Street True Roller timing set, Flat top Hyperutectic pistons, Flowtech Long Tube headers, Xpipe, High flow Magnaflow converters, Spintech XL Sportsman DIDO muffler.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:48 PM

Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts

"Three days after the storm I put two spare tires on, jumped it, and drove it home." Bad ass.
Other than that
Did you mention how you and your family were inside of the truck when hit and none sustained serious injury?
I just noticed you had a steering wheel cover! How did that work with the skinny ass wheel the brick has? Mine gets kinda like stick almost if it's humid out or if it's cold in the truck but my hands are hot (after wrestling everyday last winter I could peel the steering wheel apart) and so I want a cover, but they all look too fat.
Sorry thread jacked.

Last edited by Russo2; October 3rd, 2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:02 PM

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts

When i saw the carnage my heart sunk

What we leave behind are our words and our deeds. Nothing else really matters.

Old October 4th, 2011, 06:36 AM

Steering wheel cover works great. In fact all that "stickyness" is what helps keep the cover in place and it feels great too, my hand doesn't get wore out on the longer drives.

Wow!!! Just read what I typed, if it weren't for the words "steering wheel" at the beginning, it might look odd!

No, Russo, I didn't mention that cause I'm not a total attention wh***!!

I've done some searching. So far all I can tell is that the lightning was lowered 1" in front and 2.5" in the rear. I believe the rear sway bar was bigger but haven't been able to determine how big. Same with the front. The only kit I've looked at is from DJM and its a 3/5 kit and I think that's a tad extreme for my tastes. I'm sure I could order the parts from Ford, but I'm betting that would be pricey.

1994 F150 XLT ExCab SB 306, 4R70w, 8.8 3.55 open, MSD StreetFire coil, Taylor Siro Pro wires, MSD cap and rotor, 1.72 Roller Rockers, 2º cam advance w/ Cloyes Street True Roller timing set, Flat top Hyperutectic pistons, Flowtech Long Tube headers, Xpipe, High flow Magnaflow converters, Spintech XL Sportsman DIDO muffler.

Old October 4th, 2011, 10:38 AM

You would look odd, nothing new here though. Whitesleeper calls me a pervert and stewy thinks I'm gay.. that one goes back almost a year though over on the other site talkin to him.
I didn't mean for you to mention it to be an attention whore, It's just really impressive and one heck of a miracle.
2wd's are pretty low in the front anyway, why not look at just removing the rear block and going to some larger sways. Poly bushing all around would tighten it up, but could also ruin the ride all together, I have heard poly bushings limit suspension flex and can cause a teeth chattering ride.
Old October 4th, 2011, 12:26 PM

Dude don't take me so seriously. But your right, it was pretty miraculous how it turned out. Plus I liked that jerry smiley.
I was thinking of using the lightning front springs, 2" shackles, and the lightning sway bars. I just want to get the back end down and maintain some rake. BTW did that map sensor work or have you done it yet?

Old October 4th, 2011, 05:07 PM

You shouldn't take me seriously either.. sarcasm is what I live on haha.
I haven't done it yet, got really mad the other day when it was bucking somethin fierce. Just don't have the money to do it. Possibly, maybe, we'll see, on tuesday.
I'm probably gunna order one online and get a motorcraft so I don't risk one not working.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 14
ASwaff400 , BigBlue79 , bikertrash3531 , Booba5185 , DoubleDee , F150GT , HawaiianF150 , JSoko , Madgore , remdude , Ridgerunner , Russo2 , Scf150lover , skatebowd