Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 132
Cab Swaps - Ford Truck Club Forum

Home

Forum

Gallery

Garage

Blog

Arcade

Settings

TOTM

Vote

Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-250 | F-350 SERIES | SUPER DUTY > 1987-1991 Ford F250 | F350

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old October 12th, 2018, 10:39 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cab Swaps

I have a 1989 F350 Diesel, 4WD, 5 Spd with a Cab that's Toast. Will a 1990 F350 Cab which had a 460 Gas & Auto Trans, 2WD fit? Is the Transmission Tunnel the same? Can I just Cut the Holes for the Shifters or do I have to swap Tunnels?
Also, can I just add the Clutch Pedal assy & Master Cylinder to the 1990 cab? Are all the Holes for this in the newer cab?
Finally, are the Wiring Harnesses the same from the Dash to the large Round Connector @ the Firewall? Thanks.

Last edited by asdato; October 13th, 2018 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention new Cab is 2WD
Old October 16th, 2018, 10:59 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

The holes are there for the master. it has a plate that is unbolted from under the dash, next to the brake booster opening. The trans tunnel is easy as well. I believe it's only 6 or 8 screws that hold both in. Not sure about an opening for the transfer case shifter, you may have to do that on on your own. I doubt the wiring harness is even remotely close to the same,....but that's just a guess. You should be able to pull your clutch, brake pedal assembly out and swap it directly in. The radiator core support is different for a diesel also. So if you're 89 is trashed at the bottom around the bolts (as most are) make sure you get the right one. As long as you've got the man power or lift, patience, and the time to take it slow, this is a pretty simple swap. Just do some research on you're wiring harnesses.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 3
asdato , glc , harrison28

Tags
cab , swaps