Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > WELCOME CENTER > New Member Introductions

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old January 6th, 2019, 08:16 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hello

Iím a 88 F250 owner given to me by my father-in-law that has now passed away. Iíve used the truck as a haul anything needed vehicle but now I may start to restore it now in his memory. I think it is a little unusual in that it is a 250 with a 300 6 cylinder and a 5 speed manual. It started out as a box truck for a furniture store, then the box was removed and a new bed was installed and my father-in-law bought it. He used it to drive over to his hardware store and back home for years which was only about a mile away. So, it only has close to 90,000 miles on it. It started knocking real bad so he bought a new truck and ask me if I wanted it...of course I did! It sat for a few years before I finally decided to fix it and get it on the road. Turned out to be the timing was too far advance and a bent rocker arm which was straightened and the timing reset. Itís been a few years and it has been runnin ever since as an ole beater truck. I just wished it was a 4x4 as itís only a 2WD. Itís a custom deluxe with no frills such as power anything and no AC.

My plans are not really decided yet. Iím a diesel fan so maybe later it might get an ole 7.3 stuck in it and make a dulley out of it with a flat bed. It wonít be a fast build with money spent as I go along when I have it to spend. Hope to get a lot of info here and some help along the way. Iíll try to post some pics of it soon. Thanks.
Old January 7th, 2019, 11:14 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Central Florida welcomes you to the club. Sounds like it will be a fun project once you get started.
Old January 11th, 2019, 06:32 PM

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

From the beautiful Gulf Coast of North West Florida, AKA the Redneck Riviera

click below to see my FTC Gallery

Don't forget those that came before you! Be proud of who you are and where your from.

ďNo damn man kills me and lives.Ē Confederate Lieutenant General, Nathan Bedford Forrest

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 5
glc , harrison28 , mathias , skatebowd , swalker