Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1973-1991 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old September 7th, 2018, 09:13 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Partial success boys! The ground strap was the cure all. Nothing like a $7 piece of wire to make you feel like a moron. It turned over,...but slowly. The battery charger I have doesn't have a high amp setting for jumping a vehicle off. I'll put it on the charger after work today and try to start it a couple of hours after. Just need to bleed the clutch and button a up a few small things. Gotta buy some 16" wheels. 15" tires are ridiculous!! The set I have on there should hold up for a little while though. I'll hopefully have something for y'all to see by Monday.
Old September 10th, 2018, 08:44 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

So as I was using my remote start switch, I noticed the lower pulley was a little off. No luck getting it fired. Gonna replace that pulley. When I was trying it, with gas in the carb there wasn't even a glimmer of it firing. Gotta check for spark next.
Old September 14th, 2018, 10:12 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

I was going over my wiring diagram and realized I had the wire for the coil resistor in the wrong spot. So I've got some spark now. Pulley works great. Starter crapped out on me (broke one of the mounting tabs). Probably didn't have it seated properly. Put one of my others in. Then the solenoid started sticking. Changed that with another that I had. It tried to start with a little gas down the vent tube on the carb. Put some fresh gas in the tank. Cycled the fuel pump a few times to check pressure at the regulator,..... started hearing splashing on the ground. Mistake I made while doing y new lines. Did get the clutch bled, but ran out of time to go get more line for the fuel. She's really close boys!
Old September 17th, 2018, 08:51 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

She's running!!!! Got the fuel lines tuned up. Tried to upload a video for you guys. Guess I need to change the type of file it is. All that's left to do now is get the exhaust finished up. Got a coupe of pieces that need to be welded up before I put it together. I'll try to get that video up sometime in the next day or 2.
Old September 21st, 2018, 01:52 PM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

I'm not sure how to change the video file. But I needed to install a mechanical oil pressure gauge as the electronic sending unit was not functioning properly. No need for the OD off button anymore. She's holding a perfect 55 psi. Think I'm gonna have to direct wire a switch for the fuel pump though. It starved itself out after a couple of minutes. Probably something in the harness that was on the engine that I'm not using now, so it wont keep running. Gotta wire up a switch for the reverse lights also,...unless i can find a wiring diagram for the harness from the old trans.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inst. Panel.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1463  
Attached Images

Last edited by harrison28; September 24th, 2018 at 09:15 AM.
Old September 24th, 2018, 09:20 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Not sure why the other images didn't show before. Instead of putting in a switch for the fuel pump, I just wired the pump relay to stay closed when the key is in the run position. Bled the power steering system. Didn't get time to take care of the reverse lights. Once the I got the fuel pump straightend out, i was able to dial in my regulator. Pumps at a steady 7lbs. Coming along.
Attached Images

Old September 24th, 2018, 01:48 PM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Found a wiring diagram for the E40D neutral safety switch. Gonna try tagging into the reverse lights there before I put another switch in the cab. Be a lot cooler if I didn't have to manually turn them on and off when ever I'm backing up. Also ordered a tach today. Engine sounds like it's idling a little high. Probably the way it is set up for the ski boat application.

Last edited by harrison28; September 24th, 2018 at 02:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old September 25th, 2018, 07:29 AM

Liked 185 Times in 167 Posts

well Chris,
sounds like you've been doing some head scratching and beer drinking

if you were closer I could come help with the beer

keep up the good work

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old September 25th, 2018, 08:42 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Correct on both accounts. I wish you were here to help,...not sure how much more my liver can take. As far as head scratching,...between the internet, my electrical background, and a little patience, I'll get there. Thanks for the support.
Old September 27th, 2018, 10:27 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Got the reverse lights worked out. Made me a short wiring harness from the old neutral safety switch to the reverse pins on the M5R2. Works like a champ. Tach should be in today. Took the wire that was hooked to the oil sending unit and landed it on the negative side of the coil. Routed it into the cab for the signal the tach signal. Dropped off some of the exhaust parts this morning, getting them welded up. Just need to put the hood back on and get the plate updated. Needs new tires, but I can kick around on the ones that are on it for a little while.