Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > GARAGE TALK > Garage Talk: Engine & Drivetrain

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old September 21st, 2017, 07:14 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Vibration at 50 mph

This story starts with a 1985 f250 4x. The truck came from the kansas city plant with a 420 diesel but somewhere between Kansas city and the previous owner a 1979 460 externally balanced was swaped into the 85.
When i first bought it driving home i noticed a vibration at or around 50 mph. It felt like the the vibration was coming from the front.
I pulled the engine and failed to sufficiently to mark the flywheel or crank flange.
My question is assuming that the crankshaft flange and flywheel bolt patterns are symmetrical how would make sure that the flywheel isn't bolted up out of phase in relation with the front counter balance spacer behind the harmonic balancer?
Do i line up the 28oz weight built into the flywheel with the "hachet shaped" counter balance spacer behind the harmonic balancer. Like i a strate line?

Jon moderator at NWM-OC. Owner of ol'blue a 1985 F250 460, T-19, BW 1345, D60 rear D44HD ttb front.
Old September 21st, 2017, 08:51 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

a picture is worth a 1,000 words. The counter weights i was referring to are in yellow in this picture and they appear to be facing opposing direction?

Jon moderator at NWM-OC. Owner of ol'blue a 1985 F250 460, T-19, BW 1345, D60 rear D44HD ttb front.

Last edited by Bullnose1985; September 21st, 2017 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Pictures didn't appear