Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > GARAGE TALK > Garage Talk: Wheels & Tires

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:56 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Nitto Mud Grapplers?

As some of you know just recently fixed my front end troubles now I can look into buying another set of tires I run 35 can run bigger with my lift but don't see the need and I have litterally ran almost every brand of mud tire except for a select few everything from swampers to toyos to maxxis tires and I've been very impressed with the maxxis tires I put 60 K on a set of buckshots road miles but I've got my I on these nittos mud graps just to give something new a shot since I know a feller that can get me 35x14.50x15s at bottom of the barrel wholesale price they look mean and I know there loud with I don't really mind being that I ran a set of 44 bothers on a 77 150 flareside for 3 years but I just want to know how these mug graps wear if rotated responsibly and how do they pull off road I go hog hunting every weekend and I'm in south Florida so I get off in some pretty rank woods but if anybody know about these tires let me know good or bad I wanna hear everything bout them I plan on buying a set of something in the next two weeks or so depending on what I hear on the nittos thanks
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:00 PM

Liked 31 Times in 28 Posts

I've heard good things about them, not the best but do a pretty good job. Sorry to beat a dead horse, but if you go mudding with no track bar you will be walking home in almost no time. Radius arms are not the only thing needed to hold a straight axle in the correct position...especially in the front of a vehicle.

89 F-150 5.0l AOD 2x4, 3.55 LS(+4), Converted to HO Roller, 3g Alt, GT40Ps, Y-pipe, Rerouted PCV, Dual Taurus E-fans, Explorer Injectors, Remote ICM, DIY Cold air, Rubber Vacuum System, Tranny cooler, Remote Tranny filter, Saginaw P\S swap, F350 Brakes, more.

Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:38 PM

Liked 182 Times in 164 Posts

do a search as some old members had discused them a cple of years ago

i had nitto Terra grapplers and they were the best rain tire I ever had

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old August 23rd, 2012, 03:00 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

From what I can remember, they wear fast on the pavement ( 1 would guess that one right off the hop) but they sure throw the mud. Cat had a set, believe he sold them to Red.

HA! HA! I'm a supporting member and you're not!

Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:00 PM

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts

Muds....GREAT tire on and off road. I got 60k out of mine and red got another 10k out of them. They are monsters in the mud as long as you dont bottom out.....LOL! I havent looked in my photo album for a while. I think I used to have a pic of my 05 FX4 after a day in the mud holes. I actually have a set sitting in my building waiting for these trail grapplers to wear out. Noise....isnt bad but nowhere near good! I will admit they arent the best in standing water, seem to hydroplane easy but just becareful! You will be happy with them. Oh yeah, These tires balance really well. When I had mine mounted on my ford, the guy told me he had never had a tire that large balance so well.

Lowriders are for guys who can't get it up!
Sissy's drive 2wd's! (you know who you are!!)

Black Sheep of FTC
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:02 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BOOBA 5185 I HAVE A TRAC BAR! Would never run the truck without it the trucks my baby not going to set myself up for disaster. Thank you for your concern though. But okay thanks for the info catmechanic I hear they wear great on light trucks my buddy had a set on his 350 6.0 and he wore them out in 15k but another thing I'm concerned with my dad just bought a set of 38 mud grapsand had them mounted up today on his Dodge cummins and he put the tape to them and nittos idea of a 38 is actually about 36 1/2 on the tape if I'm going to pay for a 35 I want to measure 35 any problems like that have you heard maybe he just got a F%&$*d up set?
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:13 PM

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts

He must have got a screwed up set. The 35's are I think 34.7" tall so about as close to a 35 as your gonna get. The 35x14.50x15 is actually 34.80x14.57". I have the 35x12.50x17 and its actually 34.84x13.19". I personally think Nitto is a great tire for durability and price. I may end up putting a set of Terra grapplers on the wifes Xterra when the factories wear out. If its a light truck, you'll get great life. The heavy truck do wear them out fast. They are also "C" rated for your truck meaning they arent as heavy duty as a "E" class rating like I have. The C is also a 6ply where the E is a 10 ply. Happy tire shopping!

Lowriders are for guys who can't get it up!
Sissy's drive 2wd's! (you know who you are!!)

Black Sheep of FTC
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:20 PM

Liked 31 Times in 28 Posts

Holy crap, someone needs to change their vampire tea bag. I asked once in the other thread with no response, so I mentioned it again in the other thread, again with no response. On top of that, there is no sign of any trac bar in any of your pics, which is why I asked in the first place. With no trac bar or driveshaft in your pictures you can't answer any questions on any of your angles. Excuse me for trying to look out for your well being as well as your truck's, it obviously offended you in some way.

Good luck with your tires.

89 F-150 5.0l AOD 2x4, 3.55 LS(+4), Converted to HO Roller, 3g Alt, GT40Ps, Y-pipe, Rerouted PCV, Dual Taurus E-fans, Explorer Injectors, Remote ICM, DIY Cold air, Rubber Vacuum System, Tranny cooler, Remote Tranny filter, Saginaw P\S swap, F350 Brakes, more.

Last edited by Booba5185; August 23rd, 2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:21 PM

Liked 34 Times in 33 Posts

I also am a big fan of the nitto tires i am working on my second set of terre grapplers.I have never owned a set of mud grapplers but they are very popular around here

click below to see my FTC Gallery

Don't forget those that came before you! Be proud of who you are and where your from.

“No damn man kills me and lives.” Confederate Lieutenant General, Nathan Bedford Forrest

Old August 24th, 2012, 07:05 AM

Liked 182 Times in 164 Posts

vampire tea bag

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 15
ASwaff400 , Bates88 , BigBlue79 , BIGCOUNTRY , Booba5185 , catmechanic07 , frewwesley , glc , GunSlingR69 , JSoko , Matthew , Red91 , Russo2 , Scotts Black FX4 , skatebowd