Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-250 | F-350 SERIES | SUPER DUTY > 2017-2019 Ford F250 | F350

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old October 14th, 2018, 10:44 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2019 F250 B&O Sound System

Okay, so on Sept 20th, I took delivery of my new 2019 F250 Lariat with the B&O Sound System. Totally my bad and I don't know why I didn't listen to the stereo radio during my test drive but i have always been happy with new vehicle stereos when I purchased the manufactures premium audio. unfortunately not this time, I had to take it back on the 22nd due to severe speaker distortion in the front right passenger door, it was so bad at any volume level that we really couldn't use the front speakers and had to use the fade to send the music to the rear speakers. The dealer confirmed the speaker was bad, told me the replacement would be in the following week, come to find out that speaker is on a indefinite back order with no date available. The speaker is still not available as of last week, so fed up, I decided that I would replace the speakers. I had my local sound shop install Focal 165KX2 in the front and 165K's in the rear and all doors had complete sound deadening installed. The owner of the Sound shop said I could get away for a little while without an amp, yeah, after listening to it for a couple of hundred miles, it needs an amp. I can't find any specs on the B&O to confirm if my sound shop is dealing straight with me; they told me I don't need the center mid range speaker and they would just cut the wires when they add an amp, they said I needed a digital to analog converter meaning they need to convert the digital from the head unit to analog to the amp...is this correct? What Amp would you all recommend for the door speakers, I think I'm going to go with a JL Stealth box to replace the subwoofer. Any help would be appreciated, if you need more info please let me know.
Old October 28th, 2018, 10:18 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2019 Speaker issue.

i just picked up my 2019 f-250 Platinum yesterday and did not get a block away before noticing my passenger front speaker was blown. The parts department ordered me another speaker. Let me know if your speaker ever comes in.
Old October 28th, 2018, 02:49 PM

Liked 98 Times in 95 Posts

Being that you have now removed part of the factory sound system, warranty is now a dead issue. I would probably go with the advice of your sound shop at this point.

2003 F-150 XL RCSB 2wd 4.2 5 speed 3.55 LS

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 10
bdwilkins , glc , gunnr , harrison28 , JSoko , mwb7292 , Nuggie , PghFamilyMan , vietphanmem20588 , woodscrew59