Quantcast 2010 Fab School Ford SVT Raptor takes on 2011 Dakar Rally with First American Female Driver - Ford Truck Club Forum

Home

Forum

Gallery

Garage

Blog

Arcade

Settings

TOTM

Vote

Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > GARAGE TALK > Garage Talk: General Tech Talk

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old December 2nd, 2010, 04:21 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2010 Fab School Ford SVT Raptor takes on 2011 Dakar Rally with First American Female Driver

<p>Story byJoel Arellano @ Trucktrend.com</p>
<p>The 2010 "Fab School" Ford SVT Raptor Super Cab is the vehicle of choice for professional off-road racer Darren Skilton and journalist Sue Mead as they prep for the arduous 2011 Dakar Rally in January 2011.</p>
<p>Skilton, a seasoned Dakar Rally pro, at first expressed reservations about the Raptor: "I was at first concerned about the weight overpowering the suspension in the really rough sections. Ford did their homework and the Raptor is quite possibly the best 'stock' out of the box racers I have driven. It is surprisingly nimble while remaining solid in overall feel. It does everything you ask it to do."</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Mead, who will be the first American female driver to participating in the grueling event, had no such doubts, stating, "When I thought about racing the 2011 Dakar Rally, my first choice of a vehicle to drive was the Ford Raptor. I had put a lot of miles on it and loved what SVT had done to this performance version of the F-150." Mead continued." I'm so amazed at the high-quality work of The FabSchool team. And with Darren having completed in the Dakar a number of times, I have the utmost confidence in him and our goal to finish. The combination is a dream come true."</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>The Raptor spent a solid eight weeks at - where else? -- The Fab School, a private occupational/vocational trade school, in Riverside, California, in preparation for Dakar. The school has provided little detail on its Raptor's modification. While stock Raptors come equipped with 5.4-liter 3V Triton V-8, The Fab School Raptor most likely is powered by the optional 6.2-liter V-8 which generates 411 horsepower and 434 pound-feet of torque. Both engines come equipped with six-speed automatics.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>The 2011 Dakar Rally begins on January 1st, 2011 in Buenos Aires, Argentina and last through the 16th. Contestants will not only have to contend crossing the Andes mountain range twice, but navigate the Atacama Desert, one of the harshest deserts on Earth, to complete the 3000 mile trek. To keep the The Fab School Raptor running, Crew Chief Troy Johnson, owner and operator of The FabSchool, mechanic Dan Moore, and media manager Chris Collard will be in attendance as well.</p>
<p>To discuss this blog entry click [HERE]&lt;/p&gt;</p>
Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:26 PM

Liked 182 Times in 164 Posts

as you can see in the above pic, I dont mind getting sideways as long as they dont make me wear one of those big Helmets

Good find Bates

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 2
mtdracing , StepinTheMatrix