Quantcast 95 ford lightning ???? - Ford Truck Club Forum




Home






Forum






Gallery






Garage






Blog






Arcade






Settings






New Posts






TOTM






Vote








Search






How-To's






Unanswered






FTC Toolbar






Social Sites






Log Out




 
Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1992-1996 Ford F150



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 02:24 PM
jimlightning's Avatar
jimlightning jimlightning is offline
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2
Likes : 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 95 ford lightning ????

hello all. i bought a few years back a 1995 ford lightning clone. was told by seller that it was a 1955 ford lightning chassis, with a 95 ford f-150 body. body was replace because of body damaged in an accident. had chassis inpected for damage by a reputible local body shop, and was told chassis was in great shape. havein a hard time finding ant info on this truck.

first "problem"

the truck has a performance trans, 2500 stall, shift kit, aode trans. works excellent. crisp and no slippage. it seems to "shift" between 2nd and 3rd. was told this is normal cuz the lockup convertor locks up at that time. is this true?

second

at wot, the trans shifts at about 5400-5500 rpms. awesome shift, tires chirp, 70% of the time. the other 30 % the engine hits a rev limiter. was wondering if i have the wrong computer, or is this the factory revs of a lightning. seems low to me. and the truck tops at about 115mph where the engine cutsoff, almost feels like u step on the brakes. any fixes for this if it is correct?

3rd

it also has a maf setup. from what i can tell it should be a speed density motor. not sure if this is done correctly. the truck runs and drives great. startup it usually stalls once or twice be fore it will run. but once it does it runs smooth and no misses. was wanting to add a nitrious kit to this truck but it doesnt run perfect, and am afraid it may not be the time till i get a few of theses bug figured out.

any info would be apprecated. and any performance sites that may have some pieces for this old truck would be useful. i will put up some pics as soon as i can. it looks very nice.


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


(View-All Members who have read this thread : 10
95F150xlt , Burton7.3 , F150GT , fbm1344t , Flareside95 , Lostin90s , michaelsnodgrass18 , nine5flareside , Stewy 39 , whitesleeper

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford and Toby Keith are giving away a 2011 Ford Super Duty Bates88 Garage Talk: General Tech Talk 0 June 30th, 2010 05:05 PM
FIVE FORD VEHICLES EARN TOP SAFETY PICKS BY IIHS; FORD LEADS INDUSTRY WITH MOST TOP CRASH RATINGS Bates88 Garage Talk: General Tech Talk 2 June 16th, 2010 01:03 AM
HOT ROD Magazine - Power Tour 2009 - Lightning Electric Hot Rod Hot Rod Magazine Hot Rod TV 0 January 29th, 2010 08:59 PM
Lightning Strike Victim Hoped to be Organ Donor BigT67 General Discussion
2 September 2nd, 2009 08:35 AM
92-95 Ford Lightning stock and performance parts Ford4lifeWolf Auto Parts For Sale
0 July 22nd, 2009 01:08 AM

Tags
ford , lightning

Forum Jump






   Current Advertisers Privacy Policy FAQ Home Blog Archive Top



FordTruckClub.net is not authorized, endorsed or affiliated with the Ford Motor Company
or any of their subsidiaries. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6 Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.