Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > Ford F150 EcoBoost

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old July 18th, 2014, 07:47 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thankfully, my job has me work with pretty much the entire pick up market. I get to chat it up with every truck nut in the US and Canada, You know what they say about opinions, right? I hear more positive than negative concerning the ecoboost truck. Honestly though, most of my truck guys are superduty guys so my half ton contacts are limited. I talk with Ford dealerships on a regular basis and according to them the sales are strong and issues limited. Doubtful they would tell me anything different, though. This spring I was seriously considering buying a brand new truck. I would be getting another F150 since I have access to my work F350 anytime I would need heavy work applications. Long story short, I was leaning toward the 5.0 V8 more so than the eco, just like one poster said, I like to hear a truck. We also own a F250 with the 5.0 at work. It is hard on gas and not the greatest at pulling, but I blame the gearing on the poor MPG. It runs good as a daily driver, but if I owned it to work as a puller, I would be dissapointed. For me as just a daily driver, I believe a 5.0 in a half ton would be fine.

04 FX4 Scab 5.4

God, Guns & Guts made America Free; Let's Fight to Keep all Three

I'm a supporting member