Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-250 | F-350 SERIES | SUPER DUTY > 1987-1991 Ford F250 | F350

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 18th, 2017, 09:29 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default clutch and headlight help

Good evening. I have just recently purchased a 89 F-250 4x4 in pretty good shape barring a couple(well,more than a couple)things,but I will start here. It has been sitting for a while,and after getting it running, I tried to put it in gear to no avail. Clutch is very close to the floor and doesnt do anything when I push it in. Its very stiff and when I got under the dash to check it, the module which I think is the safety start module is missing. asked the previous owner and he prodced one he bought to replace the one that was there originally. He said it was removed to bypass the safety switch. Would this alone cause the no clutch issue or do I have bigger problems to address? The second issue is the headlights. They come on and work fine,but when I hit the dimmer switch,they go off. Hit it again,and they come back on. I'm sure I could trace it out and find the issue, but I'm going to be lazy and ask for help.
Old November 19th, 2017, 01:41 PM

Liked 112 Times in 108 Posts

You do have a mechanical or hydraulic clutch issue, just the absence of the safety switch won't cause that problem. You may be looking at dropping the transmission and rebuilding the clutch.

Obvious thing to check for the headlight issue is the bulbs. The high beam filaments may be burned out. Next thing to check is the dimmer switch itself.

2003 F-150 XL RCSB 2wd 4.2 5 speed 3.55 LS

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 5
glc , Hammerandsaw64 , Harlan , harrison28 , msasser