Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > WELCOME CENTER > New Member Introductions

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old June 21st, 2019, 12:54 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Howdy!!

I'm new here, but not new to Ford pick-ups. My first Ford was a very used F-100 step-side that had been used by a large engineering firm in Houston as a surveyors truck. It was about as plain jane as you could get. Zero options, 3 on the tree and the only A/C was turning the vent windows in to get the most breeze blowing on you on those hot, swealtering Houston summers. That 6 cylinder would crank when nothing else would. Aside from the banged up body, it was a good truck.

After school, I went through a number of other vehicles traveling around the country doing my job. I always gravitated back to Ford. I had a '95 T-bird which I subsequently traded in on a '96 Lincoln Mark - truely a hot rod Lincoln. 200K miles later I took a job that provided me with a company ride, but alas, no Fords. I drove a mini-van for many years so I could haul customers to lunch/dinner and still keep all my wares safe in the back. I went through a number of those in those years.

I left that company in late 2011 and set out on my own. Being that I didn't have any wheels, I bought a very gently used '09 Lariat 1/2 ton 4WD SCREW 200K miles later, about three months ago I traded that one in on a brand new 2019 Lariat 1/2 ton 4WD SCREW. Not long after that I bought a new (to me) 30' bumper pull. In retrospect, I guess I should've gotten a 3/4 ton, but I didn't see the camper coming. That was a 30th anniversary present to my bride. And, after installing air bags under the back leaf springs, I get all the benefits of the 3/4 ton for pulling the camper. When I'm done, I let the air back out and go back to the smooth ride of the 1/2 ton.

I'm semi-retired doing a little consulting work in the industry I came from, sell a little insurance and some other odds and ends that actually add up to more than I was making when I was working full time. The only bad thing is having to pay for our health insurance out of pocket.

If you can't tell from my handle, I'm from Texas and fortunately live in Texas, although I could throw a rock to Arkansas. We have one son - 21 - who is a welder by trade and he still sleeps and washes his clothes at home. Other than that, he's either out with his gal-pal or otherwise running the streets when he's not working. I hope soon to be able to get him on as a pipeliner at which time he'll be on the road and we'll be empty nesters looking to move back to the Tyler area. Actually just south of Tyler on Lake Palestine.

With that, I'll sign off for now. I've already written a tip post that'll hopefully save one of you time. I look forward to reading through the forums and picking your brains from time to time, and feel free to pick mine. I may not have the answer, but I'll endevor to try and find the answer.

Best to all!
Old June 24th, 2019, 08:33 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Central Florida welcomes you to the club.
Old July 5th, 2019, 09:04 PM

Liked 36 Times in 34 Posts

From the beautiful Gulf Coast of North West Florida, AKA the Redneck Riviera

click below to see my FTC Gallery

Don't forget those that came before you! Be proud of who you are and where your from.

“No damn man kills me and lives.” Confederate Lieutenant General, Nathan Bedford Forrest

Old July 21st, 2019, 06:58 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Texan, Howdy back atcha..

I'm not sure just where you live in Texas, but judging from your Arkansas comment, I'll assume somewhere in Northeast Texas.. Your plans to move back to Lake Palestine will put you in my neighborhood.. I live just outside Elkhart about 10 miles south of Palestine, County Seat of Anderson County. My interests lie in old vehicles, but I'm sure we can find some common interests to talk about. Let's get in touch when you move back to Lake Palestine..

Last edited by RustyPile; July 23rd, 2019 at 02:33 AM. Reason: insert missing words
Old August 6th, 2019, 06:10 AM

Liked 187 Times in 169 Posts

Welcome from Northwest Georgia

the Arkansas comment is funny

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.