Quantcast 1987 F-150 4 speed manual Brake/Clutch (Bracket) - Ford Truck Club Forum

Home

Forum

Gallery

Garage

Blog

Arcade

Settings

TOTM

Vote

Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1973-1991 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old July 21st, 2019, 10:20 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1987 F-150 4 speed manual Brake/Clutch (Bracket)

I need to replace the brake/clutch bracket on my 1987 F-150 4 speed with a manual transmission but as most, if not all here already know, they arenít made anymore. Iím even OK with paying for one to be made at a machine shop if I can find one to do the work. Iíve had a shop call at least 9 salvage yards so far and no luck finding one yet. Any ideas? Iíve seen some on Ebay that are pricey, especially for the shape theyíre in, but even then, Iím not sure the parts are the right ones (some claim the right year but look completely different than the other ads claiming to be the same). I also would hate to get one for $200+ only to have it break right after getting it too. ANY ideas?
Old July 22nd, 2019, 09:16 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Here is one for $115. This is the same thing that was on my 88. Not sure if it's the same for 87. But you can put your VIN in before check out and they will tell you if it's right or not.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...caAvqNEALw_wcB
Old July 22nd, 2019, 10:37 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Harrison. I don't think that one would fit mine, but again, I wasn't willing to go through the checkout to get to where it was asking for my VIN number to see one way or the other. Fortunately, I found one on Ebay and the guy selling is close to Tampa. The 87s have an arm for a safety switch, I believe, that the other years don't. The guy called me this morning and assured me that the one I'm getting is the correct one. Also, from just looking underneath the dash, mine doesn't look like the one Tasca is selling...close, but not it.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 05:28 AM

Liked 187 Times in 169 Posts

I think member Russo did a write up with photos on a repair of this part, years ago
i couldn't find it using SEARCH
the info may help

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old July 23rd, 2019, 10:03 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStrom View Post
Thanks Harrison. I don't think that one would fit mine, but again, I wasn't willing to go through the checkout to get to where it was asking for my VIN number to see one way or the other. Fortunately, I found one on Ebay and the guy selling is close to Tampa. The 87s have an arm for a safety switch, I believe, that the other years don't. The guy called me this morning and assured me that the one I'm getting is the correct one. Also, from just looking underneath the dash, mine doesn't look like the one Tasca is selling...close, but not it.
When you receive the from Ebay, post a picture if you would. I'm always curious of the changes from 1 year to the next on parts.