Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > ALL OTHER FORD MODELS > Non Ford Vehicles

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old February 2nd, 2012, 10:41 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default I need to sell the SUbaru dont buy 1.

I bought the 00 Subaru Outback 125000 miles)because of a 1 1/2 hr commute to work and ability to haul couple people . Thought AWD would be nice (PA winter) and thought had good MPG . Was impulse buy . you know stupid. I did get real good deal needed fender for $2200 .

Its a wagon and that's the only good thing . Ride fine although bad seats no comfort at all. Bad MPG warm it up more than 5 minute on frost morn and the MPG goes south. At best I got 24 mpg at worst 21 mpg . 23 mpg seems norm. That's open road no town. The Awd seems to push (way more than Wife's front puller) during in town driving on slush roads.

Everyone who has one brags them up .... Few things they leave out that

The up keep (if have dealer do it . ) at 105000 miles it needs new timing belt as maintenance $1000 +-. And it seems at around 150000 miles or so the head gaskets leak . So I have seen costs for $1000 and up (way up)for that. Now mine is a old 00 Outback worth maybe $4000 I would not put that money in it . Half the cost come on.

I have no issue on mine but its time to sell . The belt was done before I got it . . But I'm getting out while I can . I have seen 20 mpg out of a F250 reg cab manual trans with highway driving. And there is no trade off for the comfort

HA! HA! I'm a supporting member and you're not!

Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:21 AM

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

I don't get it, are you trying to sell the Subaru here or talking about it? (It maybe because I just woke up.)
Old February 2nd, 2012, 01:08 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_blue79 View Post
I don't get it, are you trying to sell the Subaru here or talking about it? (It maybe because I just woke up.)

Like the title says don't buy one. And I told why . I respect the forum guys and tho they would never buy one thought they should know .
I know this is not classifieds . No I would not sell to anyone I know from here or local My fault for buying the stupid thing.

HA! HA! I'm a supporting member and you're not!

Last edited by Lostin90s; February 2nd, 2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 02:48 PM

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Ah, okay, sorry for the mis-understanding you did a review on the Subaru. Thanks for looking out for the member's of FTC :salut:
Old March 15th, 2012, 06:26 PM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I never knew the upkeep was so high on a Subie.
Old April 12th, 2013, 05:25 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am having a similar experience with a 1999 Legacy wagon. Did the timing belt and water pump, idlers, and misc for around $600 myself. It was and still is a POS with no guts on the highway, sub par mileage and piss poor fit and finish. Car drops parts off like the mailman delivers mail. EVERYTHING is finicky and the car never fails to dissapoint. At this point, I'm into it about $4k with a still growing list of stuff that still needs to be done... Just shat out an inner fender in the middle of a downpour in the middle of the night. That exposes a major wiring harness to road debris... Fun