Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-250 | F-350 SERIES | SUPER DUTY > 1987-1991 Ford F250 | F350

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old June 25th, 2016, 08:37 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 91 f250 302 5speed 3.55 gears.

Ok everyone, I just bought me another f250 and I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a few issues I'm having. The 1st and biggest pain is that the truck will not idle 80% of the times when started, it just sputters out and dies unless you sit there and give it some throttle for 45seconds or so. Normally this wouldn't bother me but the truck has truedual exhaust with cherrybomb glasspacks, this combined with the factory 2.5in exhaust means this truck crackles and pops and generally drives my two neighbors to hate me even more. Again this doesn't bother me, what bothers me is that my 5month old niece freaks out when I start my truck. So if anyone knows what might be causing this I'd really appreciate the help, I'm hoping for a nice cheep easy fix that will buy me some time on replacing the whole exhaust system. My second problem is that my Speedo does not work, the guy I bought it from said that when he had the clutch and slave cylinder replaced the guy somehow managed to loosen a wiring harness up which in turn fell down onto the drivshaft and got ripped out. I know that these trucks read from the rear ring gear by a sensor on the top front of the diff housing, it was the first thing I checked when I got it home but the inside of the plugs where clean and it was plugged in nice and tight. I didn't see any signs of wires hanging or being ripped out of the harness so I'm lost. And my last problem is of course with my under powered 302, don't get me wrong it's not a complete slouch and I do get 15-16mpg at 65-70 on the interstate, I just find the old 5.0 lacking when you need to pull something or go to pull a hill. If there's any nice and cheep ways to bring my 302 to life without getting to deep into it please tell me, I do plan to build either a 348 or a 408 for this truck down the road but that's quite abit out of my budget range right now, plus I work 7 days a week 5:30pm to 5:30 am and the truck is my daily, so I can't pull the motor and throw some forged .40 over flat top pistions, a extreme energy cam, ported and polished heads then ditch the efi for a holly 650 double pumped and an edlebrock performer aluminum intake. So... That's what I've got for now and any and all help/tips/advice would be greatly appreciated
Old June 25th, 2016, 08:57 AM

Liked 188 Times in 170 Posts

even with your work schedule
I would ditch the 302 and any plans to beef it up and go with a 5.8/351 out of a wrecked truck

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 6
348stroker , glc , JSoko , quickcraze , walt2137 , WilliamStali