Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 2009-2014 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old September 6th, 2009, 11:43 PM

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default Installing a SubWoofer in a '09 F150 SCab

Hey all,

Im looking for information on how to install a subwoofer under the back seat of my supercab that includes all the wiring. I'm hoping the wiring is limited to tapping into exisiting rear speaker wires and only having to route a power wire to the battery.

I dont want to spend a lot and I only want to increase the bass range. I'd like to keep the factory equipment. I dont have any knowledge of whats a good sub. I dont want to blow the windows out just increase the bass. 50 watts is prolly mor'n enuff for my needs.

Any suggestions?

What we leave behind are our words and our deeds. Nothing else really matters.

Old September 7th, 2009, 09:53 AM

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

A few things we need to know:

1.What head unit do you have?
2.What speakers do you have in the truck?
3.What is your budget?

Depending on your budget and need, you may just be
better off replacing you factory speakers with better
quality standard speakers.

Old September 8th, 2009, 01:25 AM

Thats sort of what i wanted to avoid. I have the factory 6cd chg system. All i really want to do is beef up the sub range a little. i was sort of hoping to keep the factory head unit and speakers and just add a small sub under the rear seat.

Old September 8th, 2009, 01:27 AM

i prolly should have reread your post. you think it might be better off changing out the factory speakers.
in the past i have done just that and although i did get better speakers i still didnt have the low range i was looking for.

im hoping to this as cheap as possible.

Old September 8th, 2009, 07:56 AM

We can find you an affordable setup but first you need to answer my three questions and I will explain why after you answer them! Answering these three questions will help us greatly in knowing what the next step is.

Old September 8th, 2009, 09:09 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

he pretty much answered the first 2 questions....and kinda the 3rd

factory 6 disc headunit...factory speakers...and cheap.

Matt

2007 F-150 FX4

I say try, if you never try you can never succeed.

Old September 8th, 2009, 03:21 PM

Cheap is #1 in my wallet! Thanks RedHot!

Ya Webby,
1. is factory 6 disk Cd Changer
2. is factory speakers
3. is as cheap as it gets - i prolly want to stay below 150 bucks total, i dont want to spend alot. Just what is needed to add a sub to the factory audio system.

I got a good system at home and with the road noise, babbling riders and the sirens of approching cops. I figure too loud is just well, too loud.

Old September 8th, 2009, 03:53 PM

OK what I was looking for are make and model numbers the headunit and speakers so I can view the specs of each item. If you are on a budget and have standard/stock Ford speakers in your truck, my suggestion to you is upgrading those before you do anything else. I would go with any newer model speakers from Alpine. I only use alpine in my truck and they have never let me down in quality for dollar. Even my head unit and amps are Alpine. You could probably replace all your truck speakers for about 200 - 250 thats about 4 speakers. You wont regret the sound.
Now if your head unit has RCA outs you can run an RCA cable to an active bass tube and hid it behind your rear seats. Bazooka makes an affordable powered bass tube. Again cheapest and best route in your budget.
If your head unit doesnt have RCA outs then you should start with upgrading your truck speakers then move onto the head unit. My head unit was a little over 1000.00 dollars, touch screen, navigation, dvd, cd, camera all that stuff. You need to think long term when buying a new head unit. What do you want out of it?

Old September 8th, 2009, 10:31 PM

Im pretty sure my factory head unit has no RCA out jacks. A RCA converter is prolly in the area of 20-40 bucks. What i dont know is since the converter has four speaker wires do i need to tap into both rear speaker wires? Why couldnt i just tap into one side of the rear speaker wires, say the rear side speaker wire i plan to mount the sub on. In my case it would be the right side rear speaker wire.

My son's friend - ah oh - the dreaded used but new guarranty coming from young kids - has a 8 inch bazzoka for 150 with all the wiring. Im thinking about.

1. its from a kid so you just gotta know its been blasted past mars!
2. it's not old, it predates godzilla.
3. 150 bucks is too high for a used 8 inch bazzoka sub.
4. will a 8 inch bazzoka tube fit under my rear seat.

Last edited by HawaiianF150; September 8th, 2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old September 8th, 2009, 10:40 PM

Does it come with an amp? And does your head unit have RCA outs? Also do a general search on the internet for what an 8" bazooka will run you. As far as it fitting under your seat... gotta get the trusty tape measure out. Even if it was a good price you still need to know the specs of your head unit. You cant just run a line from your rear speakers to your bazooka. Lets do this the correct way. Get the model number of your head unit so we can pull up the specs.