Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1992-1996 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old January 3rd, 2015, 11:00 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Need Help With Trouble Codes

92 f150 302

CEL comes on after about 10 minutes or so and goes away if the engine is restarted.

key on engine off codes:
31 =
EVP – EVP signal is/was out of range – EVP
EVR – EVP signal is/was low – EVR
PFE – PFE signal is/was low – PFE

33 = ALL – EGR did not open/ respond during test or if memory code, did not open intermittently – EVP EVR PFE

Engine running Codes
12 =* Idle Speed Control motor or Air Bypass not controlling idle properly (generally idle too low) – ISC

25 = Knock sensor not tested (ignore if not pinging) – KS

What I know:

EGR pipe is broken between the valve and the intake. I put a high temp hose patch, but I still get the code so I think the valve is bad. Ill be replacing it soon.

IAC valve has had issues for a while. Currently unplugged to keep idle down. Its crazy high when plugged in. I think it may be an intake gasket leak, but dont know how to test that theory. I plan on replacing the intake gaskets when i pull the intake to replave the EGR tube and valve anyway. So if im right that should fix that issue.

And for 25, i hear no pinging, but i haven't got a very trained ear for that sort of thing. How can I be sure ?

All help appreciated.
Old January 5th, 2015, 04:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This fourm is a let down.